Thousands of extra bars when opening a MIDI file on Sibelius

MLB

Hi,

I've been having this issue on a specific Logic session where I export a midi file with 'export from selection' from a couple of instrument tracks, having activated cycle (loop) and having set the end of the project to 40 (for example)... If I open the exported midi file on Logic everything is fine. But when I open it on Sibelius the project has 2001 bars in total. I've tried all the obvious things, checking midi events, markers, tempo changes, automation, opening a new session in Logic and importing the project again, changing settings in Sibelius, etc.

I think it's a Logic issue, and not Sibelius, because when I open a new project from scratch and export a midi file it works fine. It's worth saying that the problematic session has a movie file, but it continues behaving that way even when the movie file has been deleted, and the audio. To be honest, at this stage I just want to get to the heart of the problem to understand what's happening and prevent it from happening in future projects.

Thanks for your help!!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been asking around and nobody knows the answer. It seems to only happen when exporting the midi from my Logic in my computer. I've attached a MIDI file in here, you should be able to open the project by right clicking on it and selecting open with Logic. This is driving me crazy!!! I can't find the solution...

THANK YOU

MIDI TEST MLB.mid

'Selection as MIDI file'

Actually the file I attached last night works fine when open in Sibelius because it hasn't been exported from my computer, but let me attach one here that has been exported form my Logic.

To clarify, they are both fine when opened in Logic, but if you open them in Sibelius, the one I've attached in this post is 2001 bars long, because it's been exported form my Logic, the other is like 60 bars which is what it should be. I wonder what it is, maybe something in settings?

midi test 2 28.04.20.mid

• 9 months later...