Next Logic accidental preview?

cinningbao

If those images have got as far as marketing, then 10.5 looks like it would be imminent.

Interesting, I remember them saying quite a while back that the Logic dev team were looking hard at Ableton Live, but nothing seemed to come of it. Looks like we'll now have "Cells" for looping, which will be a nice addition. Also, a "Remix FX" plugin...

I gather it looks more like Bitwig since you can see both 'blocks' and linear view at the same time. This could appeal to the EDM/IDM scene a bit more, and creatively for songwriters to easily restructure songs, try out new ideas. I always saw advantages to the Ableton method (being an early adopter of V2), but since I write in diff styles it didn't suit me for everything, so I ended up in Logic. I wonder how they'll turn the Touch-Screen-ness of the Remix FX into a mouse-used interface. A new phone app? Integration between Garageband iOS and Logic on the same network? Yeah, I doubt it too

+1 for fixing PDC bugs too but I wouldn't count on it.

Drum rolls, please... System requirements?? Sure hope Mojave will be compatible. Not quite ready to go Catalina. Dozens of projects with some VIs that are 32Lived(32Survived!?!) right now. Major bummer to render all that to audio, I can live with loosing the actual VIs but not the tracks/tones inside those projects.

Blink

Drum rolls, please... System requirements?? Sure hope Mojave will be compatible. Not quite ready to go Catalina.

I'm stuck on High Sierra here, and if were a betting man, and this is the next major version of Logic at 10.5, I would guess that it will be a Mojave minimum requirement.

I'd *love* it to still work on HS, but I think that's unlikely now.

The Logic team @Apple have always been really good about not forcing people onto the latest OS's and trying to support as far back as they can, but they are also at the whim of management here who may well dictate/force certain new OS features to be supported, which may well mean older build systems have to be left behind.

Anyway, we'll see when it happens. But my $0.02 is: 10.5 will require Mojave minimum.

There's no point to this "feature" unless you can edit the loops.

I agree, and also adding -> normal browser that is not slow and sluggish while trying to sync audio loops to project.

Also, I hope for improved waveform graphics both in regions and browser.

Interesting, I remember them saying quite a while back that the Logic dev team were looking hard at Ableton Live, but nothing seemed to come of it. Looks like we'll now have "Cells" for looping, which will be a nice addition. Also, a "Remix FX" plugin...

I can't image why they would be looking at Ableton unless they're gonna copy the warping abilities or even bring a similar kind of sampler. The whole clip launching thing is cool but if an update is coming I hope clips are not the focal point.

Looks like Apple have replaced the screen shot with an older version of Logic, interesting.

They'll want to make us believe it was a mistake but I have a hard time swallowing that. I think it was a way to tell us: "Hey we know that it's been a while since we put out a new version, don't think we're not doing anything. Something's coming!!"

Blink