Next Logic accidental preview?

cinningbao

I doubt it. I expect 10.5 will just become the current version of Logic Pro X. It's their model for their pro apps, FCPX and LPX. They'll release it according to their own schedules. The extended trial thing is likely an off-the-cuff response to the current lockdown situation, a lot of companies are doing a "while you're stuck at home, here's something for you" thing, and is probably temporary...

Pardon me for responding, but not having input to the original post... But is there, or could we have a '+1', 'thumbs up' or similar feature here per reply? I'd often like to show '+1', you know, "what he/she said" and not having much else to add. It'd be quicker than an actual reply (and somewhat Facebook etc like, I know, which, might or might not be a good thing).

a lot of companies are doing a "while you're stuck at home, here's something for you" thing, and is probably temporary...

Good point, i didn't consider that... Particularly for FCPX professionals, of which many of them probably work via volume licensing in much larger groups than the average LPX user.

Not sure how pro apps volume licensing ties in to Apple ID's, and how easy it is to use at home. But perhaps the 90 days gives a really simple path for being able to work remotely during this period vs having to use remote desktops, or having to add the company Apple ID to a load of uncontrolled 'home' machines.

As for loops, if it's like Ableton and you can record on the fly - Guitar loop pedal style, this will be such a great creative tool for any genre. I used to love mix and matching bass, rhythm and lead (guitar) parts in Ableton despite it being quite EDM focussed.

The big problem i had with Ableton though, was being able to then transition out of the loop/grid based concept, If you can record the playback performance of those loops to create the basis of a song on Logic's timeline it will be perfect.

a lot of companies are doing a "while you're stuck at home, here's something for you" thing, and is probably temporary...

Good point, i didn't consider that... Particularly for FCPX professionals, of which many of them probably work via volume licensing in much larger groups than the average LPX user.

Not sure how pro apps volume licensing ties in to Apple ID's, and how easy it is to use at home. But perhaps the 90 days gives a really simple path for being able to work remotely during this period vs having to use remote desktops, or having to add the company Apple ID to a load of uncontrolled 'home' machines.

As for loops, if it's like Ableton and you can record on the fly - Guitar loop pedal style, this will be such a great creative tool for any genre. I used to love mix and matching bass, rhythm and lead (guitar) parts in Ableton despite it being quite EDM focussed.

The big problem i had with Ableton though, was being able to then transition out of the loop/grid based concept, If you can record the playback performance of those loops to create the basis of a song on Logic's timeline it will be perfect.

Which would bring me back full circle because Dr T’s on the Atari had that very feature! It was great and could make slapping together a quick song form easy.

Not that it is all that hard now.

Could be cool but to me the best part about Ableton is the retiming of audio sounds much better than Logic. Maybe this will make Apple step that up high will be very useful.

I tried to add my loop library to Logic’s but it didn’t work well at all and I gave up. Easier to just rewire Ableton and use it for loop playback, build textures and layers and then export those and import into Logic then turn off Ableton. If I could avoid those steps that would be great if it sounds as good.

I think it's still Logic just without Advanced Tools enabled.. ah, nope, it could be GB.. not familiar enough with the interface..

I'm still interested to find out how they've implemented (and enhanced?) the blocks/loops idea. Will they have the Launch options anything like Live has (Launch Modes/Follow Actions/Local Trigger Quantise)

...but this may be rather fanciful of me.

I think it's still Logic just without Advanced Tools enabled.. ah, nope, it could be GB.. not familiar enough with the interface..

I'm still interested to find out how they've implemented (and enhanced?) the blocks/loops idea. Will they have the Launch options anything like Live has (Launch Modes/Follow Actions/Local Trigger Quantise)

...but this may be rather fanciful of me.

It looks like there’s a button enabled next to the flex pitch (it looks like MPC drum pads).

It looks like there’s a button enabled next to the flex pitch (it looks like MPC drum pads).

I think you are speaking about the 2 buttons activated on the left of the automation button? If this is right, the left button that looks like a MPC pads is to show the "clip launcher" view and the right button to show the "arranger" view.

There's no point to this "feature" unless you can edit the loops.

You can NOW, export your GarageBand iOS project into Logic Pro X.

FYI - The "Finger Touch" on the iPad is faster than using a mouse and you don't need an extra MIDI controller.

So I created a project on my iPhone and exported it to Logic.

How do I open the "Loop overlay" that's present in your video?

There's no point to this "feature" unless you can edit the loops.

I was answering your comment here.

Once you have the exported Logic Pro X Project, you can edit the loops in Logic.

That includes adding or replacing loops as well.

Live Loops is a cool idea tool, but everyone will want to further modify it to suit there needs.

That's where putting it into Logic is the best way to do this.

When you think about it, "Live Loops" already exists in Logic, that exported Logic Project proves that. :mrgreen: