Choir doesn't change from "aa" to "oo", "mm", etc.

kblomkvist77
Go to solution Solved by JakobP,

Hey guys,

In the smart controls for the Choir (I use the male one) I change the buttons from "aa" to other sounds, and it is stuck on "aa"s

There is one thread here from several years, I tried to follow the discussion and play around with the editor, but to no avail.

I do NOT have EXS +... I just have EXS24 (I guess that's a regular/old one, right?)

I tried to change the velocity, nothing

I open the edit window (with the keyboard underneath), I see all the appropriate sounds, but when I select the "uu" or "oo", it produces only "aa"

Can anyone help?

528846409_ScreenShot2020-03-31at9_48_16PM.thumb.png.0c360313a29ab62bfa047daf4c816c91.png

I got Logic Pro X Version 10.0.7

Everything is working as expected in LPX v.10.4.8.

You would definitely benefit from updating your Logic version to the current one.

Checking the sizes of the releases notes (bugs fixes and enhancements) since your version would prove that.

There is one thread here from several years, I tried to follow the discussion and play around with the editor, but to no avail.

Is it that topic? https://logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=94518

If it's another topic, can you share the link?

I got Logic Pro X Version 10.0.7

That's an early LPX version, I highly recommend you update to the most recent 10.4.8 version.

• Solution
Those smart control buttons don't effect already recorded notes, they apply an "Articulation ID" to the notes when they are recorded. To change the articulation after the fact (post recording), you have to do it in the event list. By default the ArtIID's aren't listed, so you have to go View > Articulation ID in the event list local "View" menu. (I'm also on 10.0.7 and it's very stable here)

Those smart control buttons don't effect already recorded notes, they apply an "Articulation ID" to the notes when they are recorded. To change the articulation after the fact (post recording), you have to do it in the event list.

Oh yes that's correct, I didn't realize this was the issue here. A lot of people get confused by this interface and the way Articulation IDs function. I remember explaining this in detail in a previous thread but can't find it right now. Thank you Jakob for chiming in on this one! :D

Those smart control buttons don't effect already recorded notes, they apply an "Articulation ID" to the notes when they are recorded. To change the articulation after the fact (post recording), you have to do it in the event list. By default the ArtIID's aren't listed, so you have to go View > Articulation ID in the event list local "View" menu. (I'm also on 10.0.7 and it's very stable here)

WORKED!!!!

I thank you kindly :)

• 1 year later...

I just found this and it was exactly what I needed. I had already recorded a portion of the track. I just wanted to add for any new LPX users like myself, you can select as many of the events at one time and change them all at once. I'm really enjoying LPX.

Cheers,

- A