how to merge regions/loops

logicnoobie
Go to solution Solved by triplets,

hi all!

so I have a sample (which is the pink one)

i want the "first half" of the sample to start out normally (meaning like how it was originally sampled) but then make it loop throughout the song with the "second half" of the sample.

in the screenshot, the playhead is where I want it to split (the first half from the second half), but I tried splitting it but it just starts back at the beginning which is what I DONT want; I want the beginning to be only one time and the other half of the song to be the same, just repeating and continuing. and I want it to blend and make it sound like one whole loop.

so basically what I'm tryna say is that I want the "first half" to just be there once, then the "second half" to repeat and make it sound like it was there normally.

I really hope this makes sense. it's a little bit confusing to explain haha. but this is kind of important to me since I want the second half of the sample/loop to be the base of my song and I've gotten so far and I don't want to scrap it. so thank you so much for your help :)

if it doesn't make sense please just tell me because it's really simple I'm just dumb and don't know how to say it.

34653171_ScreenShot2020-04-13at10_18_11PM.png.813e82f615e3e32135e2cad4ab7d8ca0.png

• Solution

You have to convert the midi region to an audio file first.

Bounce the sample in place. Control-B on the keyboard.

Split it where you want it.

Then copy it by looping from the first region by hitting L on the keyboard. Or copy manually each one holding down Option and dragging with the mouse.

Yes, what triplets says.

Your issue is because the "pink one" is not a sample per se, it's a MIDI region that contains a MIDI Note that triggers a sample. If you cut the note in two, each note will trigger the sample (from its beginning). So to do what you want, you need to first convert that MIDI region to an audio region.

Yes, what triplets says.

Your issue is because the "pink one" is not a sample per se, it's a MIDI region that contains a MIDI Note that triggers a sample. If you cut the note in two, each note will trigger the sample (from its beginning). So to do what you want, you need to first convert that MIDI region to an audio region.

ok, how do i turn it into an audio region?