"Create Track" Bug in 10.4.8?

zemelb

I send all my track stacks to reverb and delay busses, and when I need to automate something on the bus I've always been able to right click on the bus channel strip in the left side of the Arrange window, click Create Track, and it would show up as a track in the Arrange window that I can automate. Since updating to 10.4.8, Create Track does nothing. I have to go into the Mixer window and do it from there (Create Track works when clicked in the Mixer window, just not on the Arrange window.)

Anyone else experiencing this and/or have been able to fix it? Minor annoyance overall but as it's something I have to do frequently it's been getting on my nerves.

Thanks!

Since updating to 10.4.8, Create Track does nothing.

I just tested it and it works as expected here. Can you give it a try in a new empty project, only one track, send to a bus, control-click the right channel strip in the Inspector and choose Create Track?

Just tried it, no luck :/

I have the same issue, trying to create an "aux" track from the second channel strip in the arrange window do nothing. It occurs from a new account and empty new project. The option appears in the contextual menu, but it does not work. It works from the mixer.

Capture d’écran 2020-04-19 à 20.39.06.png

Good to know it's not just me lol

Ah, it intrigued me that it works for you David. My system is in French (only Logic is in English), so I decided to switch macOS system in English to test. And, once in English, it works. I switched again to French, and now it works even in French!

zemelb, I don't know in which language you are under macOS, but you can try to switch to another language, just to test if it unlock the function for you too.