My playhead is stuck

mikdrums69
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi,

I'm a new Logic user after spending many years on GarageBand. I'm working on my first project, a mix of live instruments and audio with some midi keys. After getting to the end of my recording and preparing to mix, my playhead is stuck in one position and the project won't play. I've search various forums, but can't solve the problem on my computer. I will also note that when Logic was last working, the CPU was working very hard and the memory was running near capacity. I was noticing that the "kernel task" was high. Did some reading on that, but got lost in the explanation. Any tips are welcome!

Logic 10.4.8

I've just tried reseting the preferences and rebooting the program, but the playhead still won't move. I quickly made a new project and used an apple loop and in this instance the playhead operated as normal. My concern is that i either have a bug that needs address (kernel task??) or a new computer to handle the demands of logic! Any other ideas?

In Logic, there are Preferences and Project Settings.

These are two different sets of parameters.

The Preferences will affect Logic in its entirety and all the projects and templates you will create.

The Project Settings will affect only the current project.

The Sync Mode setting is to be found in the Project Settings (Synchronization pane, under General tab).

The Project Settings is accessible under the main menu File (at the top of your computer screen, next to Logic Pro X).

Once the File menu open, look down in its third section, you will find it under Projects Alternatives and Projects Management.

Whoah! Clicking in the lower half of the ruler fixed the problem! Thanks! I've spent hours on searching forums for more complex solutions. I still wonder if my Mac is up for the task using Logic Pro. Any suggestions on minimum requirements for running a home studio? I may one day record live drums, but basically I'm looking to work towards recording my own 4 piece punk band, beginning with using e-drums and guitars and vocals.

• 1 year later...
Do check you loop selection. I had similar issue where when i hit my space bar to play, it always played the same microsecond like a dead record and i thought i made a mistake while editing and found that the loop selection was selected so small even high zoomed view did not show it. But somehow managed to find and expanded it and the issue is gone now.