Interface works, but no audio input

greatcob
Go to solution Solved by greatcob,

Why would Zoom tell you to restart your computer with username and password?

You can just restart it yourself.

Pretty invasive, don't you think?

Ah no it just restarts the app!

But seems that no applications are accepting audio from the interface, or playing audio out through it, and none of them want to tell me why.

Did you ever run into the new Catalina or Mojave security requirement to manually allow the app (Logic) to use (access) audio input?

It may be worth a visit back there.

If you have clicked "Don't Allow" for any reason, you will need to open the System Preferences and go to Security and Privacy to manually allow the app to access audio input. Once you're in Security and Privacy, click on the Privacy tab, then select Microphone on the left-hand side and select the apps you wish to access the microphone. Logic may have gotten un-clicked.

Did you ever run into the new Catalina or Mojave security requirement to manually allow the app (Logic) to use (access) audio input?

It may be worth a visit back there.

If you have clicked "Don't Allow" for any reason, you will need to open the System Preferences and go to Security and Privacy to manually allow the app to access audio input. Once you're in Security and Privacy, click on the Privacy tab, then select Microphone on the left-hand side and select the apps you wish to access the microphone. Logic may have gotten un-clicked.

No, have already checked that I'm afraid1066977339_macmicpermissions.thumb.png.282eb119798d501897ca3e12bcd1c720.png

• Solution

So I rang Focusrite, they were helpful and did all they could for over an hour (deleting specific files, resetting core audio etc.) and recommended I try resetting the NVRAM/PRAM which I did but still no change.

Then had a call with Apple, was recommended to try reinstalling my OS just straight from the App Store - did this and hey presto everything's working again. No idea why but suppose I can't complain!