Interface works, but no audio input

greatcob
Go to solution Solved by greatcob,

I'm trying to record my bass using a Focusrite Scarlett solo gen2 (no drivers needed) connecting via USB to my Macbook on Catalina. Logic version is 10.4.8.

The interface is picking up inputs and lights up accordingly, the Mac recognises it's connected (I can select it as my input and/or output device on Sound settings and within Logic) but it isn't picking up any sound either on Sound Preferences or Logic.

Have tried deleting Audio Preferences on Mac, unchecking/re-checking Core Audio in Logic and restarting/reconnecting things in different orders. Seems the problem isn't Logic so much as the Mac itself not picking up any input audio, but I haven't got a clue as to why.

I've had this problem for a while now so it doesn't just seem to be happenstance... Any ideas?

(I have successfully recorded using another Scarlett interface (2i2 gen2) a while back but have since updated both OS and Logic I think- was a while ago so can't remember but definitely at least one of them...sorry it's vague)

Cheers

648282042_logicsettings.thumb.png.843bbaeb48999cca87f5fbd22c5f91f2.png

584284460_macmicpermissions.thumb.png.7645cd6ab1d808c1af09beebd0b58281.png

1535220650_logicaudiotracknotpickingup.thumb.png.62292357a4288473b49f2d966409a552.png

2100275548_macsoundsettingsnoinput.thumb.png.9b50ef70144b448f3430908847d18d62.png

1278584676_focusriteproblem.thumb.JPG.fa71bad72376e9c7e293075d0012479d.JPG

Thanks, tried both of those but still no audio detected by the Mac.

With headphones out of the Scarlett I can hear my bass input, but the Mac won't let me play any other computer audio (mp3s, youtube etc) out of the interface (just refuses to play any audio, staying at 0:00 until I change the output to internal speakers)

That sounds to me like "grasping at straws." However, it might be worth peeking at the Console utility to see if there are any messages there. If "any piece of software" reacted adversely, it probably will have spit out a logging-message there. (It will be "programmer-speak ..." The Console is sort-of like Harry Potter's "Room of Requirement" ... the place where all things are hidden.) Edited by MikeRobinson

That sounds to me like "grasping at straws." However, it might be worth peeking at the Console utility to see if there are any messages there. If "any piece of software" reacted adversely, it probably will have spit out a logging-message there. (It will be "programmer-speak ..." The Console is sort-of like Harry Potter's "Room of Requirement" ... the place where all things are hidden.)

In there now, what sort of thing should I be looking for? There are some errors relating to audio but I don't know where to start...