Trouble with automating AU Delay plugin

wjock

Hello, I enjoy using the AU Delay plugin by manipulating the delay time and feedback parameters on the graph display of this plugin. However, in any of the automation modes (latch, write, touch, read, etc.), only the feedback parameter gets "written" into the automation, so that upon playback, it does not sound like what I did when manipulating the plugin during automation and, visually, only the feedback (Y-Axis) parameter moves up and down - the delay time (X-Axis) does not move side to side. The result is pretty boring sounding. Upon closer look, in the automation drop down menu in the track, the only parameters listed are "feedback," "dry/wet mix," and "lowpass cutoff frequency." There is no option for delay time. This is lame, because the other delay plugins, such as Tape Delay, have all of their parameters listed as options for automation. I would go with those, but only the AU Delay achieves the particular sound I am going for with this. Please help if you can, I know it's a very specific problem.