Crashing when converting files from 48 to 44.1

greg.leacock

When I bring in 48kHz files to my 44.1 file, I get the spinning wheel of death and have to force quit.

I'm trying a project in 44.1 because when I would use 48 and try to import WAV files that friends had recorded on GarageBand, I would get the spinning wheel of death. So either way, I'm not able to do what I need to do and it's driving me crazy!

Any help would be much appreciated!

1. Create a new empty project.

2. Choose File > Project Settings > Audio and choose the desired sample rate.

3. Choose File > Save. Organize my project as: Folder. Copy the following files into your project: Audio files.

4. Drag and drop one single audio file in the Project file browser.

Does that work?

• 1 year later...
Since there was the case but no answer around, i literally was sure that this was all about software. The system update didn't do anything, but updating logic solved it (i updated the osx just to be able to upgrade logic btw). Apparently some versions don't work with each other.

Since there was the case but no answer around, i literally was sure that this was all about software. The system update didn't do anything, but updating logic solved it (i updated the osx just to be able to upgrade logic btw). Apparently some versions don't work with each other.

Some versions… of Logic? They all work with each other… older versions may simply get confused about parts of projects that come from newer feature sets. But an audio file is an audio file is an audio file. Could be there was some other type of bug that updating fixed, but I don't think the version history would intrinsically be the issue. Either way, I guess things worked out for you, so (insert shrug here)

• 2 months later...

What version of Logic did you update to? I'm on 10.2.3 (on OS X 10.15.7) and I've noticed that Logic freezes/crashes when dropping a file into a project that is a different sample rate (at the moment, 48kHz files into a 44.1kHz project).

I have my audio files stored on an external SSD drive formatted with APFS.

Out of curiosity, does the drive where you store your audio files happen to have Google Drive pointing to it? I've noticed that Logic DOES NOT like it when accessing the same drive.