Transpose of a single MIDI track down by a fifth on Bounce

spride

This is driving me mad. I am >< that far away from finishing this track, and it worked fine for the three weeks I've been working on it. It's a 35 minute long piece that combines MIDI and audio in several sections, and I am adding the last four minutes' coda.

Today, when I Bounce the project, or Bounce in Place the relevant track, one, and only one, of my MIDI solo lines gets transposed down, or occasionally up, by a fifth. Nothing else has its pitch altered. I can't see anything in the Event List, the Track Automation or the Region Automation for that track that would give me a clue. When playing the track as MIDI it is tuned and pitched as normal.

Has anyone ever seen something similar? I have, of course, searched this and other sources for anything and come up empty-handed.

x

S

• 2 years later...

This is happening to me now. Just one MIDI line, a lead synth. Sounds fine in Logic, but after bouncing out, one of the regions is pitched up a whole step (F sounds like G).  I've looked through the automation, checked everything. I cannot figure it out. I did use pitch bend on the notes when recording, but I can't see anything indicating the notes should be transposed.