BCF2000 as a Control Surface

rAC

Hi I'm trying to setup my BCF2000 as a control surface for Logic.

1111598042_ScreenShot2020-05-12at10_27_33.thumb.png.224562b338495ef100c770666d114aa2.png

Following the online instructions at https://help.apple.com/controlsurfacessupport/mac/10.3/#/ctls718ddc0e

I get to this point as shown (also showing MIDI Studio in background - all connections go to a MOTU MIDI Express XT). I click OK. Per the help I then select the Behringer BCF2000 but the add button remains grey - the scan button goes blue. but pressing either does nothing.

Anyone got any ideas.

Thanks for the pointer Atlas but what I am ‘investigating’ is the control surface side of the BCF which (unlike the BCR) has motorised faders. My understanding [limited] is that if LogicPro recognises it [which it seems to] it will use Sysex cmd’s rather than general MIDI CCs - meaning I still have the MIDI CCs available for other purposes. Setting the BCF up with MIDI CC’s is something I have tried previously.

Actually it also has a LC mode (Logic Controller) - which apart from a front panel overlay sheet and how to get into that mode I have not been able find out much about.

Thanks robinloops, I had found that - I guess it’s my desire to know as much as I can about different modes of operation of the BCF and how it can interact with Logic. The BCF in ‘LC” mode is rather limited in terms of editing its functions to your personal wishes (eg in LC Mode it can’t use any of its presets) .

• 11 months later...

I know this is 11 months after question was asked. I'm setting up my trusty BCF2000 with Logic X on a 2020 Mac Mini Big Sur w M1 chip. These YouTube tutorials (16 of them) are helping me to (finally!) understand the BCF2000. The guy giving the tutorials is very thorough (to the point of redundancy) but that's fine with me - gives me time to take notes. These were made in 2010 so he's using Logic 9 but still a huge help to me. Link to 1st tutorial.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my BCF2000 yesterday an am fighting with the connection to Logic on my MBP M1. When I enable LC mode and exit the BCF stays there and keeps the faders down. Logic sees the BCF and I can actually see it when I move the faders, but the BCF always resets them, as if Logic isn't reporting the changes back to the console. While the YouTube tutorial offers lots of valuable info I am currently stuck with the connection:(

Did you manage to get it working, James? If so, would you mind to share the trick? Thanks a lot.

Mine has always worked. Never had an issue with any updates. Primarily becuase it runs in logic control mode natively without a wrapper that needs to vet be updated. In fact, the only reason i still use it is becuase two or three controllers along the way have stopped being compatible with logic at some point

Did you install it as a logic control in control surface setup?

I managed to set it up via midi (BCF port set to S-4) as logic control but it won't work via usb (BCF port set to U-1), although logic seems to identify it all right as the ports that are used are both called BCF2000. usb would be nicer (less wires) but midi will have to work for now I guess. if you have any idea what I might be getting wrong I would be happy to know.