Logic Pro X - What's new in 10.5

des99

Here we go!

:mrgreen:

Edit: As suspected - requires Mojave :(

Live loops, Sampler, Quick Sampler, Step Sequencer, more content...

So - EXS24 replacement + editor, Ultrabeat replacement "Drum Synth", a quick sampler (which is something I really wanted) - the step sequencer looks great too!

For those that need links to the manual for Logic Pro X 10.5:

Online manual (new format):

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/logicpro/welcome/mac

PDF:

Logic Pro X User Guide: Download the PDF | Go to Apple Books

Logic Pro X Instruments: Download the PDF | Go to Apple Books

Logic Pro X Effects: Download the PDF | Go to Apple Books

800x500bb.png.21135b019f8c9548d398aa57d3943cf2.png

800x500bb-2.png.dcc7f19d0f8d6c4207a456e36d24170a.png

800x500bb-1.png.21fc3e071dab62578d9cb1d5431abaef.png

Edited by des99

Beside of the nice new features. I'm still a bit scared of installing the new update. Are there any known issues?

It's been out for, like 20 minutes. No, there are no known issues (yet).

Give it at least an hour or so, for goodness sake! ;)

The Quick Sampler is a tool I so wanted in Logic I was thinking about making it myself... now it's right there in 10.5!

installing it now (of course, i have a mix scheduled this afternoon :roll: ); will be fun to dive in tho!

EDIT: installed! 20 seconds.

the arrange window (or whatever we're calling it now) looks a little... cleaner? less glossy? better definition? something's better. and ooh! the quick sampler looks nice.

anyway will dive in when i can, and report back (and am looking to what others find as well). 8-)

Edited by fisherking

Yes! Fantastic update folks.

• Quick Sampler makes it a breathe to incorporate samples quickly into your workflow.

• Drum Machine Designer has now one instrument for each pad. Can be Quick Sampler or Drum Synth or an Ultrabeat voice.

• Step Sequencer is absolutely amazing. To sequence drum hits obviously but also melodies and even automation!!

• Live Loops is a new area that can share the center of the main window with the Tracks area, or replace it fully. You can record your Live Loops into the Tracks area in real time and the Tracks area reproduces loop start/stop onto the grid. You can drag and drop Tracks area content into cells in the live loop grid.

• Logic Remote is now a fantastic multi-touch controller for live loops. If you want to trigger multiple loops at once that's the way to go.

• You can now drag and drop audio files directly onto a track header or the workspace and you'll be asked if you want to use it in Quick Sampler or Drum Machine Designer or Alchemy etc...

No new manuals yet - nothing in iBooks and no updated web manual either.

They are now all available. The release notes are now available in two formats: long https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207735 and much longer https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203718

22 pages of new, fixes, etc. am reading now, and excited about all of it (even the things i won't use). great to see this out today.

EDIT: ok, lol... 20 1/2 pages...

Edited by fisherking

Anywhere I can download Mojave? When I attempt the suggested routes iTunes says it isn't available in the UK or US stores.

Yes, see this: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210190

sadly that's where my problem starts, click the link on the page, it wants to open iTunes, let it, says there's nothing in UK, store, 'click here to go to US store' nothing there either..

There is now a key command to bypass all plug-ins on selected channel strips.

*Finally*. 8-)

Logic no longer quits unexpectedly:

- Occasionally when left sitting idle.

The old behaviour sounds a lot like my gf..! :mrgreen:

Edited by des99

sadly that's where my problem starts, click the link on the page, it wants to open iTunes, let it, says there's nothing in UK, store, 'click here to go to US store' nothing there either..

I'm not sure why, the link takes me to the App Store (not iTunes) with a Mojave download:

mojave.thumb.png.9c6d8266a9950404275186f8cd265b36.png