10.5 Live Loops controller mapping

discreteinfinity

I am able to map note/cc data from a USB controller to the cells so that I can play/stop them. But I cant:

a) record enable a specific cell (there is just a Global command to record into the currently selected cell)

b) send feedback to my controller indicating that a given cell is active

Any ideas ?

How were you able to map cells to MIDI note/CC data?

I'm a long-time Ableton/Bitwig user who is interested in using Live Loops in this way.

That was straightforward.

1) Click on cell

2) CMD + L to trigger Learn feature

3) Hit pad on controller

4) now it will toggle start/stop for a cell or trigger/re-trigger a scene (if you map to scene button)

But using the controller assignment interface didn't allow me to send feedback out to my controller (but Im pretty sure I can do that in the environment though) and actually more annoying was there is only a single "record to cell" mappable command that requires a cell to be selected in order use it.

I did play around with Logic Remote on my iPhone 6S and that thing was surprisingly advanced. You do get a lot of control over live cells as well as a virtual guitar and automation controls etc (but thats off topic).

Novation announced that Launchpad controllers (except the Pro MK3 at this time) are supported by Logic Pro X 10.5: https://novationmusic.com/en/news/launchpad-logic-pro

Nice. Thats not surprising because they are using the same API that Logic Remote is using I imagine.

Maybe this is just more of a general question about Logic's Controller Assignment workflow but Id really like to be able to use my Monome to record enable cells easily

• 11 months later...

Hi, I'm using an original Akai APC40 as a controller for Logic Pro 10.5.1, and I've successfully been able to map Live Loops to the APC's 5x8 Clip Launch Matrix pads, as well as many other controller assignments and key commands to emulate how the APC40 behaves when controlling Ableton Live.

What I HAVE NOT been able to do, is to to figure out a way, in Logic Pro X, to emulate how the Bank Select feature of the APC40 works when controlling Ableton Live. In other words a way to toggle control (using the bank select buttons on the APC40) to select an adjacent 5x8 group of cells (a bank) in Logic. Once selected I would then like to be able to map the 5x8 clip launch pads independent of the previously mapped cells, thereby creating separately mapped banks within Logic Pro X.

Can anyone Help Me?

akai_apc40_top.jpg.eb7c5d4ac7c6adde39ab6193b8f88d21.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...