Dude I don't wanna have to learn all this new stuff

Rolo Tomasi

This update is nuts! It's like a whole new DAW I have to learn dammit. I'm not complaining but I kind of am. I guess I'll put that Ableton Live manual down for awhile.

It could be worse though. It could involve having to go into Logic's environment. That really would be a nightmare.

Christ, and I thought that I was getting old. You don't have to learn all the new stuff just the bits that you need/want.

I have to admit to an initial negative knee-jerk reaction as the headline item seems to be the live looping features. It seemed to be aimed squarely at Hip Hop producers and was of no interest to me at all. Then when I looked and saw how much else was included in this update I was somewhat blown away. I'll take everything else and just ignore the looping thingy.

Actually, I've seen some comments on this site that the looping features can easily be used for guitar based music too so chances are that I will end up using the looping thingy after all.

There is just so much to this update and some of my requests to Apple have been ignored (PDC bug - but I've submitted it again) but some have been implemented (I wanted an Exs 24 mk lll and they did it, It's called Sampler). Moreover, look at the price. I haven't shelled out a penny for Logic in 7 years.

Alan

Due to current events, my concentration is shot, and though normally I'd start playing with the shiny new toys, this time....my brain is NOT working from home. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'll wait for the less cognitively impaired to reveal the wonders. I'm sure my sceptism is in part fueled by a failure of imagination.

I've only begun to explore this update. I had just begun to feel like I had mastered the ESX24, and now, it's replaced by Sampler. Fortunately, my existing current project sounds identical to the old version with ESX24. That means that the settings for Sampler can be studied and learned. I think I'm going to like Sampler.

we can use what we want, or need. for me, some of it's overkill...now. later i might feel differently. so will definitely take time to explore the new features, then i will best know what i need (or don't).

better to have features you don't use, than not. so, kudos to the logic team for the new, the fixes, etc.

Amazing how people bitch about Logic missing features from Ableton and it's so outdated and it's unbelievable and Apple should listen and blah blah blah.

Now they have them and they still bitch. Nothing changes...

Oh. No. Not bitching at all my friend. Very happy with all the new features. Just a lot of new stuff to learn but it's all good.

As an aside, when I was talking to the Logic tech guy, he let slip that he hadn't a clue about anything involving music. So these updates are likely only the creations of software engineers who may or may not understand the special needs of musicians.

Generally speaking people that dedicate their life to music don’t have time to learn advanced programming, and visa versa. You can guarantee they consult with musicians and producers on the team and that those guys are above the pay grade to be doing customer support.

As an aside, when I was talking to the Logic tech guy, he let slip that he hadn't a clue about anything involving music. So these updates are likely only the creations of software engineers who may or may not understand the special needs of musicians.

that's a ridiculous assumption, like saying the final cut team has no one who edits video. plus... play with 10.5. it's a more-capable music app... for making music.