Logic X 10.5 Sampler - REX Files

hulacki19

Hi There,

Been playing around with the sampler this morning and have to say I am enjoying it. Loads of updated features to compete with Kontakt etc. My one question is about REX files, I can't seem to find any way of importing them?

Has anyone worked this out?

Thanks

Hi There,

Been playing around with the sampler this morning and have to say I am enjoying it. Loads of updated features to compete with Kontakt etc. My one question is about REX files, I can't seem to find any way of importing them?

Has anyone worked this out?

Thanks

Neither Logic samplers seems to not handle properly REX files at the moment. If you drag REX file to audio track, Logic asks if you want to render it new audio file, if you say yes, then you can drag that region to both samplers.

Hi Timoz,

Thanks for the reply.

When you say they don't seem to be able to handle it at the moment, are you saying this could be a feature added back in / a bug with the update? I can't seen anywhere in the publication about 10.5 that rex capability has been removed so I really hope so.

Although your work around does get the audio from the file into the sampler and usable, the cut points are different from what they were when imported straight from the REX. Also, when using a rex it creates midi notes for each zone onto the piano roll, which makes it very easy to keep the natural swing of a live drum break for example.

Seems a shame to lose a great function when everything else on the updated sampler is so good..

Many Thanks

Hi Timoz,

Thanks for the reply.

When you say they don't seem to be able to handle it at the moment, are you saying this could be a feature added back in / a bug with the update? I can't seen anywhere in the publication about 10.5 that rex capability has been removed so I really hope so.

Although your work around does get the audio from the file into the sampler and usable, the cut points are different from what they were when imported straight from the REX. Also, when using a rex it creates midi notes for each zone onto the piano roll, which makes it very easy to keep the natural swing of a live drum break for example.

Seems a shame to lose a great function when everything else on the updated sampler is so good..

Many Thanks

I suppose it's bug, since Sampler lets you drag REX-file into sample area, but you can't hear it or see the waveform.

• 1 year later...