Multi-output issue with 3rd party plugins

karp47

Hi all,

I've run into a very peculiar issue after upgrading to 10.5.

As per the attached screenshot - my third party plugins are showing the wrong multi-output options and will only load in as a stereo option. All stock logic plugins (except DLSMusicDevice) are functioning as per usual when selected as a multi-output option.

OMNI_MULTIISSUEEXAMPLE.png.ccb1550563f1b0bd8e65f69e392bc64e.png

All third party plugins show as having a Stereo option (which works) and then a multi-output (16xstereo) and multi-output (25xstereo). When either of the multi options are selected I receive the error message "Failed to load Audio Unit “plugin name”, please contact the manufacturer for an updated version or further assistance."

ERRORMESSAGE.png.23a5a735e61934ef51828c30600ed02e.png

I have checked this on seperate user accounts, deleted preferences/cache, reinstalled plugins, reinstalled logic but am still getting the same issue.

I've also done multiple searches but and have not found anyone else to have the same issue.

Would be great to hear any advice on how I may be able to fix this.

I'm running Mojave 10.14.6.

Logic 10.5.

Thanks!

Spectrasonics said they'll have a fix for Omnisphere shortly, but there have also been some other multi-output plugin weirdness being reported here.

Thanks for the response des99 - hoping that these fixes come through soon!

The unique part of the issue I'm having is that it doesn't appear to just be an Omnisphere issue - as per the screenshot below, the same multi-output options appear for all 3rd party plugs (even those that shouldn't have multi-out options).

SYNTHMASTER_EXAMPLE.png.72fa4a592f3d53a18b7b5c170f1a7fbe.png

I feel that my next option might have to be an erase and install.

Happy to hear if any other ideas/fixes to try prior to doing a complete reinstall!

• 2 weeks later...

I feel your pain!

I found that once 10.5 is installed, going back to 10.4.8 did not work. The same plug in had the same issue. I had to restore my whole system to my backup before I had 10.5.

I’m currently on my back up of Mojave and Logic 10.4.8 and all Is well. I tried a hard drive wipe, clean Catalina install and clean Logic 10.5 install and that did not help either. The bummer is that 10.5 worked fine for a few days on Mojave and then something changed and my plug in stopped working!

Hope we get a patch soon. I did just see that Catalina has a patch up to 10.15.5 now. I’m not sure if that will help?

I feel your pain!

I found that once 10.5 is installed, going back to 10.4.8 did not work. The same plug in had the same issue. I had to restore my whole system to my backup before I had 10.5.

I’m currently on my back up of Mojave and Logic 10.4.8 and all Is well. I tried a hard drive wipe, clean Catalina install and clean Logic 10.5 install and that did not help either. The bummer is that 10.5 worked fine for a few days on Mojave and then something changed and my plug in stopped working!

Hope we get a patch soon. I did just see that Catalina has a patch up to 10.15.5 now. I’m not sure if that will help?

Same experience here, it worked for a little while and then I cleaned up my plugins via the manager and once it failed the scan there was no getting the multi-output working again.

I took a chance and got the latest (as of yesterday) version of Catalina, 10.15.5 with Logic 10.5 after backing up again. Did a full clean install on both after wiping my drive (again). So far my plug ins are stable and working as they should!

I found a workaround. With Logic Pro X 10.4.2 (I still have it in my folder app but I think it will work also with another version prior the 10.4.8) open the plugin manager, select plugin and reset & rescan task. After did this all the plugins show the correct multi out in Logic 10.5.

I found a workaround. With Logic Pro X 10.4.2 (I still have it in my folder app but I think it will work also with another version prior the 10.4.8) open the plugin manager, select plugin and reset & rescan task. After did this all the plugins show the correct multi out in Logic 10.5.

This worked for me, thank you!

Hi, I have the same multi-output issue, could you please explain me this workaround the best you can? I have Logic 10.5 and Mojave.

If you delete the AU cache in User/Caches/AudioUnitCache , now run Logic 10.4.8, it will rescan all AU plugins. Then open Logic 10.5!! all multi output instruments will open correctly

Hey, thanks for that info, but how can I run Logic 10.4.8 now? I only have logic 10.5 since I updated. Sorry if I'm too noob for this. Any explained steps would help me and maybe others, too.

You didn't save the previous version, as per the recommendations? It's exactly for these kinds of things that you should always keep the previous version until you know there are no issues on your system with the new versions...

Can you retrieve the 10.4.8 application from your system backups?

Glad we’re all getting a work around! It’s unfortunate it’s gone this long without an official fix, but this seems totally feasible for anyone with a 10.4.8 backup. Wish I would’ve thought to try this weeks ago before I wiped my drive several times! Haha