Logic 10.5 update

AdInfinitum

No misquote Dumb and Dumber - "So, you're saying that there's still a chance that It's now safe to download 10.5?"

Why would anyone after 30 years of software ever load a new .0 or beta version? There are bound to be bugs that destroy projects, plugins, and features that no longer work. You end up wasting time doing Apple's work instead of your own.

People on this forum are Pros (I'm a hobbyist) and TBH, I'm really tired of spending everyday updating every frickin piece of software and every computer and device and then spending my time "solving the daily puzzle" of why something no longer works

sorry... what's the point of this thread? if you're tired of solving software issues... stop updating. and if you have something reasonable to discuss... this is a great forum for that.

EVERY update, beta or otherwise, brings: new features, bug fixes, new bugs. etc. that's how software works, and why it's a never-ending stream of updates; there never really is an 'end' point, where everything just works.

put this forum to good use: ask questions, discuss features and issues, offer help. much better than a pointless, whiny post...

fisherking - instead of searching for your phallus, search for your sarcasm detector. It seems to have been castrated.

text is just text; without context, it's hard to gauge 'sarcasm'... or, whether you were smiling while you typed, or were angry, or... etc. we only get to read what you wrote.

which brings me back to my first question: what's the point of this thread?

Point of thread - the amount of other threads posted about how 10.5 borked their computer, Logic plugins, projects, and features.

Sarcasm - so, based on all the threads, it seems safe to update, right?

And sorry for the phallus reference - just referring to the Fisher King story, not an ad hominem. Your posts have helped me in the past

my apologies here too, but... you need some indicator that you're being sarcastic; the thread reads like an unfocused rant. i mean, if i tell you your music sucks... you might get angry. but if i write it this way: your music sucks :wink: ... it suggests i'm joking.

my ex & i had terrible fights when texting; she added inflections in her head to everything i typed (so we finally stopped texting) :roll:

anyway, just my thoughts.