midi in ok but no recording

monmix

Hello

On one specific existing project, I suddently became impossible to record MIDI eventhough I could play (I could hear sound, Logic showed MIDI activity in control bar and on levelmeter...). When I press record, I can hear the sounds but no notes are captured

I tried to use both my USB MIDI keyboard and the logic keyboard, but with the same problem.

I tried to close Logic, reboot, the computer.... same problem

However, on a new project, everything works fine

Any help or advice would be very welcome

Thanks

Nope, no autopunch

But I just went through a few trials and here is what I found....

As I was curious to see why it was apparently working well on a new project, I started to record some stuff

I was able to record several MIDI track, and after a few tracks created and played OK, the problem came again

(sound OK but no notes captured). Even the tracks that worked OK minutes before had the same problem

While I was creating tracks, playing , pressing record, something very strange happened.

I create a track and start to play and record (sound OK and no note captured) and while keeping recording and playing , I switched back to another previous track, and notes started to be captured on the track I just switched to

Very , very odd....

In fact, I was trying to explain, the trials I described before were on a brand new project

I just tried again

I created a new project, I create several tracks and play/record OK, then at some point, the problem occurs

At that stage, when I start to play/record on a tract (with no notes captured) , if while playing/recording, I switch to another track, notes become to be captured . And if I switch back while playing/recording to the track I had problem before, then notes are captured.....

Choose Logic Pro X > Control Surfaces > Bypass All Control Surfaces to see if that changes the behavior?

I just did but no change in the behaviour. Sometimes it works (notes are captured) , sometimes not....

But again, when I have a problem of recording on a track (notes not captured) , if while playing/recording, I select another MIDI track , notes are captured on this selected track. I guess that's a work around but definitely not normal

I tried on a new empty project.

I could record several tracks without problem and then , but once in a while, I got one track that did not work . But when I retried , it worked.

So, I am still a bit puzzled but since the problem is now not systematic and since I have an "easy" work around , unless you want to further dig into, I will close this topic

Thanks again to you and your team