Logic audio cuts out when using quick punch

rafesco

Hi,

First of all, this is not new to 10.5. But I noticed that many times, when I use Quick Punch Record (even having the Allow Quick Punch In option enabled), Logic cuts its entire audio for like a split second, making this function unusable to me. It doesn't happen all the time, though. It seems to happen more when I'm using Quick Punch inside a Take Folder.

My tracks are also record enabled before I hit record during playback, and it still cuts audio. I think I read somewhere that the record enabling process takes some considerable processing power, so I'm making sure to keep my tracks properly armed before attempting to use the punch in.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

Rafael

• 1 year later...
Dear guys, I am having exactly the same problem with Logic Pro X while using Quick Punch Recording. The initial sound cuts off for a split of a second which is bad enough to throw off the singer and even me as a recordist. Is there any solution to it, please?

I've answered your question in your other thread: Quick Punch recording in Logic Pro X

• 1 year later...
On 5/21/2020 at 4:24 PM, rafesco said:

Hi,

First of all, this is not new to 10.5. But I noticed that many times, when I use Quick Punch Record (even having the Allow Quick Punch In option enabled), Logic cuts its entire audio for like a split second, making this function unusable to me. It doesn't happen all the time, though. It seems to happen more when I'm using Quick Punch inside a Take Folder.

My tracks are also record enabled before I hit record during playback, and it still cuts audio. I think I read somewhere that the record enabling process takes some considerable processing power, so I'm making sure to keep my tracks properly armed before attempting to use the punch in.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

Rafael

I am having the same problem and looking for a solution.