Increasingly long save times??

Xigwon

Logic is taking an increasingly long time to save. On earlier versions of Logic, I would save incessantly, and it would take less than a second each time. And I worked on projects up to 1 GB. Now, on a 140 MB project, it takes 4-5 seconds to save. This severely disrupts my workflow. I am working with only a little bit of MIDI in Classic Electric Piano, and a bunch of vocals tracks and regions. I frequently delete all unused audio files (cmd-8, shift-U, delete) and then use Clean Up to delete them again. Undo steps are set to 15. Even doing all this, and with all other apps closed and WiFi turned off, it still takes 4-5 seconds to save. It only takes this long if I make edits between saves. If I just save twice in a row, then the second time is immediate. But even if I record just one audio file, then the save after that takes 4-5 seconds.

Any ideas? Do I just need to get a new laptop (or just downdate Logic back to 10.4.4, where I didn't have any problems)?

Logic 10.5

macOS 10.15.4

MacBook Pro Mid 2012

2.9 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7

Solid State SATA Drive 1.02 TB

16GB Ram