Out of my depth in Controller Assignments, now keyboard controls nothing!

simoncroft

I had my Axiom 49 working fine as a controller, thanks to the relevant LUA script. Then someone asked for my help setting up their controller with LPX, so they could address all instances of Waves CLAMixHub, and not just the one they'd used MIDI learn to control. I went into Control Surfaces and tried various approaches, none of which achieved anything useful, but did leave me with a heap of new Zones and Modes, none of which I can work out how to make actually do anything.

I've read everything from Apple about Controller Assignments, and I'm obviously missing at least one key point about how they are set up. That's a shame, because I wanted to help my music-making buddy to get the best from a plug-in I'd recommended.

Worst of all, the Axiom 49 no longer controls play, levels etc on my system. When I press the buttons on the keyboard, I can see the incoming data register in LPX's Control Bar Display, and the Controller Assignments all appear to be intact. If I go to Control Surface Setup, I see the Axiom 49 graphic (and also my iPad and iPhone, which are still working) but the bar at the top says: Device: No Device.

If anyone is able to help me, I shall be very grateful. Thank you for reading this far. :D

Hi Simon,

I am not an expert in this area but I know how frustrating midi controller assignments can be as I have experienced a few similar hair pulling episodes in the past.

I would suggest resetting any controller assignments then uninstalling the axiom software.

Then after a computer restart reinstalling the axiom software.

Hope this helps

Rodney

Hi Simon,

I am not an expert in this area but I know how frustrating midi controller assignments can be as I have experienced a few similar hair pulling episodes in the past.

I would suggest resetting any controller assignments then uninstalling the axiom software.

Then after a computer restart reinstalling the axiom software.

Hope this helps

Rodney

Thank you for the input. At the moment, I can't see any obvious way to uninstall any files connected to the way the keyboard is configured, but I'm sure you are on the right track.

Trash your CS preferences. Once you have a working good set, keep a back up so you can restore them if necessary if something (or someone!) messes them up...

That sounds like very good advice, thank you. Could you tell me where on the system that file resides, please? I'm not totally sure what I should be looking for, or where. :|

Your user preference files are all in the library/preferences folder of your user account.

So thats:

/Users/*you*/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.cs

Thank you for such a quick reply. I did that, and it worked in as much as the Zones and Modes I created are now gone. (I originally typed 'not' instead of 'now'. The worst typo in the book...) The Axiom 49 still doesn't work as a controller, and although it's showing graphically in the Control Surface Setup, it still reads "Device: No Device". That model is now listed in italics and can no longer be scanned, or installed automatically. I've tried adding it manually, but that doesn't work either.

I'll have a look to see if there is a new driver, but I have a nasty feeling Avid hasn't been supporting this model in a while. Whatever I discover, I'll post again in case it helps anyone else.