get back to 10.4

moon

Hello

For some reason my Logic App upgraded automatically from 10.4 to 10.5 on my MacBook Pro.

I am trying to get back to 10.4 but I did not use Time machine to back up.

I have the application Logic Pro X 10.1 on an older Mac desktop.

I am now trying to upgrade from 10.1 to 10.4 on that computer. and ultimately get it in the Mac book Pro again.

Is it possible?

If so, what are the steps?

If I can't get it in the MacBook Pro I'll keep it in the older Mac desktop computer.

But main goal is to get back to 10.4 by any means.

Thanks in advance.

BL

To Fisherking: Because I had just purchased David Nahmani's 10.4 book as reference, all my libraries were stable, I still had use of the EXS sampler.

To rAC: thank you for the info. The current Mac OS is 10.10.3 Yosemite.

What is OP?

BL

To Fisherking: Because I had just purchased David Nahmani's 10.4 book as reference, all my libraries were stable, I still had use of the EXS sampler.

To rAC: thank you for the info. The current Mac OS is 10.10.3 Yosemite.

What is OP?

BL

everything in the book will be useful; 10.5 just adds features, fixes, enhancements. and the new sampler is fully compatible with the EXS... it's just a much-needed rework. but if you're on yosemite, how did you get 10.5? it's for mojave or later, and should not have even installed....

I actually have 2 laptops and a Desktop computer, JacobP

One laptop has Catalina 10.15.2 the other has 10.14.6 Mojave and the older Desktop has 10.10.3 Yosemite.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

B L

There’s no reason why you can’t have both 10.4 and 10.5 on same Mac in Mojave. There are plenty of threads on this. Here’s one: viewtopic.php?t=131927 That way you get best of both. You just need to be careful to manage older files so that they are not saved in 10.5, as they won’t open in 10.4.

10.4 is slightly more stable and compatible with third-party plugs at the moment, so good to have it available. 10.5 is worth diving into. Lots of great new features and in many ways a giant step forward.

... You just need to be careful to manage older files so that they are not saved in 10.5, as they won’t open in 10.4.

Actually a number of people have reported here that 10.5 is backwards compatible to 10.4.8 - although any of the new features if used in the saved file wont open in 10.4.8 the files themselves will.

Interesting. That’s good to know. I’m going to keep projects for both versions separate for the moment as I’ve noticed a few CPU spikes here and there in 10.5, possibly caused by some Native Instruments stuff https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008684958-Issues-with-the-New-Logic-Pro-10-5-and-Native-Instruments-Plug-Ins as well as a bug switching between LPX and Pro Tools when running together viewtopic.php?f=1&t=148793&e=1&view=unread#unread