A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

Gertdj
Topic Author

LPX Floating Track Editor Window

Wed May 27, 2020 8:23 am

Hi,
I would like to open a floating Track Editor window in order to use it on a separate monitor dedicated to Pitch Correction using Flex Pitch.
There are key commands for most other Editor windows like cmd + 2 for the mixer, but I cannot find a way to open the Track Editor Window other than the split window when using key command "E". I did accidentally manage to do it earlier today, where I was able to drag the Track editor window to another monitor, but I don't know how that happened, and I can not get that to work again.

des99

Re: LPX Floating Track Editor Window

Wed May 27, 2020 8:53 am

Make sure the editor within the main window is closed. Select an audio track. Choose Window -> Open Track Editor (or use a key command if you have one assigned to it).

It will open in a new window (or at least it does here.)

If the consolidated editor window is open in the main window, those commands in the Window menu are greyed out.
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Jordi Torres

Wed May 27, 2020 9:05 am

You can also click + drag the Track Editor's tab (the one labeled "Track") to undock it to a window.

J.
Et voilà!

MacBook Pro 15" Retina i7 2.2 GHz - 16GB RAM | OS 10.14.6 | Logic Pro 10.4.8
Merging Hapi | RME Fireface 400 | Akai MPK49 | Nord Micro Modular

Gertdj
Topic Author

Wed May 27, 2020 10:06 am

Thank you @Des99 & @Jortdi Torres for the quick response! Dess99's solution worked for me, and while I also tried your's Jordi, that solution does not seem to work on my system.