Problem with the editing tools' shape in main window (10.5)

omar17166

Earlier, the tool used to take a shape on the screen compatible with the selected tool. I.e. a pointer (arrow), a pen, etc. Additionally, when using the pointer, depending where in the region you pointed, it took a loop shape at the top to indicate looping, or a bracket to indicate stretching.

Now in 10.5 I only see a "hand" irrespective of which tool I select. Quite annoying!

Note: this only happens in the main (arrange) window. The midi window for example works as before.

I am not sure if this is a feature or a bug!

Actually I am more inclined now to say it's a bug. I have been fiddling around with it, and occasionally the "hand" did change into an arrow, and on one occasion It turned into a bracket when placed at the lower part of a midi region to indicate stretching!

have you rebooted? tried deleting logic's preference file? is it happening in all files, or just one? and are you using a custom template?...

just some thoughts. i've seen this sort of thing sporadically for years; usually quitting & reopening logic fixed it (haven't seen it in a while).

Hi fisherking! Thanks for answering. I first noticed it when working on an old project, so I quit and opened a totally empty one but still saw the same.

But you're right. I perhaps should restart logic or even the computer. I'll do this tomorrow and report back.

have you rebooted? tried deleting logic's preference file? is it happening in all files, or just one? and are you using a custom template?...

just some thoughts. i've seen this sort of thing sporadically for years; usually quitting & reopening logic fixed it (haven't seen it in a while).

You were right. A new PC session and a new logic session and the problem has disappeared.

Actually I am inclined to think it might be an OS bug. I seem to remember that yesterday, as I was shutting down everything, the curser became a "hand" even at closing logic itself and other programs!