Considering 2015 Macbook Pro 15 3.4 Ghz Quad Core

Christopher11

I am considering this computer to replace my 2012 MB Pro 15. It doesn't have quite enough juice for my processing needs. I tried a 2010 Mac Pro but sent it back. It was too old and didn't have the graphics card with 'metal' that I needed. I will always need a laptop anyway for various other work I do, so i thought of maybe continuing to record and work in Logic using a MacBook Pro.

I was considering powerful machines like 15 inch / QUAD CORE I7 3.4GHZ with an SSD. I think the four cores of faster processor plus huge leap from a spinning hard drive to an SSD should give me a pretty good boost: some headroom in CPU power as well as I/O when recording to the SSD. What do you guys think? I've seen some people claim the machines are better or more powerful than many of the current touch bar MB Pros, because they made them too thin to dissipate heat properly, and the base models have lesser specs than a model like the one I mentioned above.

As always, thanks so much for any thoughts!

I had paid around 1200. I don't mind getting another Mac Pro. I just prefer it is a little newer, and hopefully with a little more CPU power. I need a laptop anyway. I do editing and writing professionally, and need a good Macbook. The one I have now is getting old, and the ASDF keys do not work. Thanks for asking. ; )

I don't mind getting another Mac Pro. I just prefer it is a little newer, and hopefully with a little more CPU power. I need a laptop anyway. I do editing and writing professionally, and need a good Macbook.

I gave you the price of the last pre touch-bar 2015 macbook pro, which is really not that much more powerful than a 2012, maybe 30%.

A 12-core Mac pro from 2010 can be 100% more powerful in some cases. So it all depends on your needs.

You get into the more powerful MBPs, you're talking around 2000 bucks. So how much are you willing to spend on a newer laptop?