How can I add a colored background to a group of environment objects?

starmaker

I am building my environment and I have a lot of components that I want to group. I want each group to have a background with a specified color. The ornament doesn't seem to have a fill color. Is there another way to get some background color on grouped components? I realize some components can get a fill color, but ornaments and monitors, for example, can't, unless there is a feature I don't know about.

Hello Jordi. I tried it with a text fader, but I couldn't get it to the back, unless I create components after I created the fader.I tried button 3 too on your suggestion, but I run into the same problem. If you can tell me how I can get button 3 fader in the back (i.e. behind my components) I would be well on my way.

Knowing that the time of creation defines their position in the stack, if you did not start by creating the objects that should be in the first (background) position, you can work around it by copy/pasting the older objects and working with the newer copies instead. Unfortunately copy/paste-replace does not reset the time of creation.

J.

One more thing - Clicked objects will be printed to a currently recording MIDI track, whether they're cabled or not. A button (which is CC7 by default) as the background will do just that when clicked accidentally and thereby will record a MIDI Volume change to your track. To avoid this, give it some unused definition.

Thanks for the info,guys. I guess I will have to do with ornaments for now since it is too much work to start all over again. But now I know that when I create a new environment I am gonna create a big bunch of colored faders to be used as backgrounds.