Importing old Camelsound Alchemy libraries in Alchemy ?

vanhaze

Dear All,

In the past i have bought Camelsound Alchemy and alot of preset libraries for it.

These libraries are in my archive and they have the file extension ".CamelSound".

I am wondering if it is possible to import these old libraries in Logic's Alchemy and if so, how exactly ?

I googled around for this question but really didn't found a solution on internet.

Thank you for helping me !

Alchemy will see the installed presets of Alchemy 1 and make them available in the preset browser under the legacy category.

However, What you have are not the installed presets, but the sounds in the Camel installer format, which required the sounds installer app to extract.

Thx for your help !

The problem is that i don't have the installer from Camelaudio anymore, with which i could install the .Camelsound libraries. I only have the .Camelsound files.So i am abit confused about where to place these .Camelsound libraries manually on my drive, so Logic's Alchemy sees them.

Any clue ??

Logic won't see .Camelsound files, they are not the presets, they are compressed archives - you need the installer app to extract them unfortunately.

Try renaming it with a .zip extension and seeing if you can extract them that way (sorry, it's been a while and I no longer have those files on my system to check...)

Edit: Here's the installer:

Alchemy Sound Bank Installer.pkg.zip

That installer doesn't work for me (maybe it is incompatible with OSX Catalina, which i run).

But i DID change the file extension of a .Camelsound library file to .zip.

Then i unzipped the file and i can see now 2 folders: Presets and Samples.

The weird thing is that the Presets are .png files.

Do i have to place the Samples folder inside Logic Alchemy Samples folder ?

Do i have to place the Presets folder (with the .png files) inside Plugin Settings > Alchemy ?

No, presets are not PNG files, those are image files that Alchemy displays for the library.

Presets are ACP files, with some AAZ and possibly some sample content.

The V1 Alchemy presets folder is:

/Library/Application Support/Camel Audio/Alchemy/Presets

There is also

/Library/Application Support/Camel Audio/Alchemy/Samples

• 11 months later...

It can be done; I've done it successfully.

I'm not sure the exact format of the .camelsounds archive files. What others have said here is accurate: The preset and sample files must be extracted. The archive tool that worked for me is called B1 Free Archiver, and it is available at https://b1.org/

I was going to say that B1 has a windows version, but if you're using Alchemy, you probably don't care.

Alchemy still stacks up well against the best modern software synths - its array of sample processing options, including spectral. granular, additive is still very useful and flexible. It's a shame for windows friends that it can no longer be used on that OS.

I'm still happily amazed by the price of Logic Pro compared to how much stuff you get. Alchemy is one of several components of that deal that could easily command $200 on its own if it were sold independently.

Alchemy is one of several components of that deal that could easily command $200 on its own if it were sold independently.

Alchemy cost more than $200 when I bought it and I paid about $50 each for some sound packs. I had about $500 invested and it became my primary softsynth going forward with Ableton Live.

Logic's price being cheaper than updates for Live and having Alchemy included was what made me switch. I installed all my purchased sound packs and was off to the races. At current prices, I think of Logic as a free DAW for Alchemy users ;)

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys, I just copied the Camel Audio folder from my old startup disk to application support folder in my new Catalina. But the old V1 presets won't show up in Logic Alchemy preset tab. Any help ? Thanks

Here is where I placed the Old presets and Sample:

Here is a cpature to see my old presets folders look like

301446069_Capturedcran2021-06-1210_13_59.png.aac085ca96f766d96730a43d5cbd9a30.png

But the old V1 presets won't show up in Logic Alchemy preset tab.

Make sure "Legacy Content" is ticked in the Alchemy preset browser menus, and if Alchemy doesn't refresh the library itself, run a manual refresh to rescan the preset folders, and they should show up - you have the legacy content in the correct location.

But the old V1 presets won't show up in Logic Alchemy preset tab.

Make sure "Legacy Content" is ticked in the Alchemy preset browser menus, and if Alchemy doesn't refresh the library itself, run a manual refresh to rescan the preset folders, and they should show up - you have the legacy content in the correct location.

It's not working. Are you sure I just need to drop my old "Camel Audio" folder (containing presets and samples) in Library/Applications Support ? I did the refresh and I still have the same number of presets.

I can't see where to tick "Legacy content " , where is this menu ? thanks a lot

It's not working. Are you sure I just need to drop my old "Camel Audio" folder (containing presets and samples) in Library/Applications Support ?

You don't need to move them at all. Logic's Alchemy reads the locations where the previous content is stored, as I state above. Your presets are already in the correct location, you just haven't ticked Legacy Content yet.

Any of these menus:

a.jpg.b4ec8cfd2c8f29a03180d20f0a380752.jpg

Ok I found another way : Just put old presets folder in Music/Audio Music Apps/Plugin Setting/Alchemy and Samples in Music/Audio Music Apps /Alchemy Samples

Thanks for that tip!

I just got back over 2000 Alchemy presets....

You’ll see some doubles. Apple choose to keep some old presets, so you’ll have a “1” after the doubles

It's not working. Are you sure I just need to drop my old "Camel Audio" folder (containing presets and samples) in Library/Applications Support ?

You don't need to move them at all. Logic's Alchemy reads the locations where the previous content is stored, as I state above. Your presets are already in the correct location, you just haven't ticked Legacy Content yet.

Any of these menus:

a.jpg

Thank you didn’t look in the right menu. But I think the other location I mentioned is the one used for third party presets.

• 9 months later...

For anyone concerned: this week I discovered that my legacy presets were gone. I don't know what happened, maybe the last update (10.7.3 on M1) broke the connection to CamelAudio folders for good.

I fiddled a bit and it turns out it now all needs to go into Logic's application support folder.

Drag the Factory folder from

to:

/Library/Application Support/Logic/Alchemy Samples

Drag the Factory and User folders (if you have made custom presets) from

to:

/Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-In Settings/Alchemy

And finally drag

/Library/Application Support/Camel Audio/Alchemy/Libraries

to:

/Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-In Settings/Alchemy

It seems there is no corresponding folder anymore in Logic for 'Libraries', but everything seems to work as it should.

Perhaps it's even obsolete, I don't know.

For anyone concerned: this week I discovered that my legacy presets were gone. I don't know what happened, maybe the last update (10.7.3 on M1) broke the connection to CamelAudio folders for good.

I fiddled a bit and it turns out it now all needs to go into Logic's application support folder.

Thanks very much for posting this. It worked perfectly for bringing my Camel Alchemy libraries from my old Mac Pro to my new Mac Studio.