Spectrasonics VIs won't load when using Multi out versions

guavadude

I'm still having a crash with all Spectrasonics VIs when using the multi out versions (16 or 25).

I was hoping this 6-3-20 update would fix it. Can anyone else who has this issue confirm this is still a problem.

I just get a "Failed to Load" prompt, not a crash. I can switch back to the stereo versions of the plugins and they work fine.

Unfortunately I've used the Multi Out versions in all my previous sessions which won't load in 10.5.

I just downloaded the newest updates for all Spectrasonics plugins (today) and multi-out versions and automation are working here in old projects in Logic 10.5 (in Mojave).

Just to confirm we're talking about the same thing, when first instantiating, you're choosing Multi Out 16 stereo instead of the stereo version of the plugin. Did you notice if it wasn't working before this update? It's definitely still broken for me.

Finally found out that Logic 10.5 has an issue with the AU Validation that creates Multi out versions that don't exist for VIs thus causing the fail to load error.

If you delete the AU cache in User/Caches/AudioUnitCache, then run Logic 10.4.8, it will analyze the AU plugins. Then you can open Logic 10.5 with NO ISSUES!!

Now I can load my old sessions that used the multi out plugins in 10.5 and no longer get the error.

Finally found out that Logic 10.5 has an issue with the AU Validation that creates Multi out versions that don't exist for VIs thus causing the fail to load error.

If you delete the AU cache in User/Caches/AudioUnitCache, then run Logic 10.4.8, it will analyze the AU plugins. Then you can open Logic 10.5 with NO ISSUES!!

Now I can load my old sessions that used the multi out plugins in 10.5 and no longer get the error.

Thanks! That worked for me.

Greetings

Jan

Before updating Logic, always select the app and compress into a zip file as your backup. You can unzip this older version in a folder anywhere and just launch it whenever needed. No need to delete anything to make it work although in this case I did have to delete the AU cache file to get Logic to rescan all plugins using 10.4.8.

fantastic.. I just had the same problem, which made mate me write nervous... I wonder what apple did, beside the new features.. but thoose bugs are really weird. by the way: to see all automation parameters in logic, you have to enable each parameter via secondary click and than select "enable host automation" it happens with any third party AU Instrument

to see all automation parameters in logic, you have to enable each parameter via secondary click and than select "enable host automation" it happens with any third party AU Instrument

Well, it happens with *some* third-party instruments, depending on how this is implemented by the developer. Spectrasonics plugins are implemented like this, and some NI ones.

In fact, *most* plugins just expose the parameters for automation automatically, it's only some that don't, and there are technical reasons for this (either there would be too many parameters to expose, or the parameters are so dynamic it doesn't make sense to expose them all, and so on).

Have you updated the Spectrasonics instruments? They released updates that fixed whatever the automation issue was.

I don't know the technical details, it could be that Apple just strictly enforced something that previously plugin developers weren't implementing correctly, so they'd have to fix it.