10.5.1 is out.

Ashermusic

Speaking of chaos..

My version of logic is at 10.5.1 and App Store wants to update it to 10.5.1.. oh joy.

Did you rename or move the app?

Hi David,

No mate, I made a backup copy of 10.4.8 or whatever it was. I have been happily using 10.5 and then 10.5.1. Today App store is telling me 10.5.1 update available... very weird.

What is your backup named?

Hmmm good question, but, I think I did like Logic 10.4.8 backup or something like that. As I say, I already updated days ago to 10.5.1 and it JUST came up today when I was working on a session.

Not on studio laptop so will need to look again. But never been an issue in the past.

As I say, I already updated days ago to 10.5.1 and it JUST came up today when I was working on a session. (...) But never been an issue in the past.

Duly noted.

Not on studio laptop so will need to look again.

Yes if you can post a screenshot of the app and the backup app here? How to attach files to your post

Tomorrow when I'm in studio again. Thanks David, it's strange for sure.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but in 10.5.1 when a wonky plug is checked when first starting LP after updating, instead of just bypassing it and letting you know in plugin manager, I've seen working plugs in 10.5, now just hang LPX endlessly, with no message other than "updating audio units info". if I wasn't able to figure out which one it was manually and remove it, this would have gone on forever.

Then the black plugin gui thing is annoying, but I get why it is happening.] on a small number of older coded plugins.

To be honest, this is the most unstable version of LP 9 or 10 that I have ever used, and, like someone said earlier, old project unfriendly. I just don't like it. I'm all for progress and new features, but whatever was done here has many bad side affects on my system at least.

It seems the macOS scan for Audio Units does a full scan under certain circumstance. In most cases that is not a problem, but with a _lot_ of AUs this can take some time – and there is no visible progress. And – worse – some AUs pop up an alert at that moment (Trial expired, Dongle missing – you name it) and somehow manage to do that _behind_ the Logic splash screen. In that case Mission Control will allow you to see that and confirm to continue. Once you managed to launch Logic once, it should be fast from that point on.

The last thing that could happen, is that you have some completely incompatible plugins (old 32-bit stuff, etc) which crash the macOS scanning resulting in either Logic hanging at launch or crashing. In that case you have to find the culprit and remove the plugin manually. Please check both possible places:

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

/Users/YOURNAME/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

The App Store does not look at the filename, but on an internal ID inside the application to identify the product. It probably gets confused with having two Logic Pro copies and the later one (you probably renamed, maybe modified it) might be LPX 10.4.8, so the update shows up. Compress LPX 10.4.8 and see if that fixes it. Then uncompress the app again and try again.

The App Store does not look at the filename, but on an internal ID inside the application to identify the product. It probably gets confused with having two Logic Pro copies and the later one (you probably renamed, maybe modified it) might be LPX 10.4.8, so the update shows up. Compress LPX 10.4.8 and see if that fixes it. Then uncompress the app again and try again.

Thanks, you may be right about internal scanning. However the 10.4.8 is the copy, the Logic Pro X is the version I’m using and is 10.5.1. I did the other when 10.5 dropped before updating. What I think is stumping David and I is this had only just happened yesterday. It didn’t happen with update to 10.5 or initially 10.5.1. So the question is what has happened at App Store. I did the usual ctrl click. Anyway, for me personally other than this weirdness 10.5.1 has been perfectly fine.

Edited by Makzimia

Read the Quick Sampler documentation, but couldn't find this: Can you assign a key command to QS prev/next slice? I want to be and remain very much zoomed-in and correct what the auto-slicing got a bit off and not zoom out and back in to the next slice, but to just jump to it, and do the fix, jump to next. Audio editor had/has this, but didn't find in KCs either for QS. Am I blind or just slow, or can you help me out? :)

Read the Quick Sampler documentation, but couldn't find this: Can you assign a key command to QS prev/next slice? I want to be and remain very much zoomed-in and correct what the auto-slicing got a bit off and not zoom out and back in to the next slice, but to just jump to it, and do the fix, jump to next. Audio editor had/has this, but didn't find in KCs either for QS. Am I blind or just slow, or can you help me out? :)

Unfortunately I don't believe there is such a key command. :(

This is what Drummers needed; simple.. how hard can this be? for Logic Pro X to have it?Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 3.53.45 AM.png

I have asked Apple many times for such a drum editor. I use the piano role for programming all the time.

Unfortunately I don't believe there is such a key command. :(

Damn. Would speed up my fine-tuning workflow 10x. Sending a feature request.

QS is just SO amazing: having the lightning fast access to samples in every way as flexed MIDI is awesome! It’s not like you couldn’t do similar stuff before, but the ease and quickness of use is now on such a different level! <3

EDIT: In Audio Editor its 'Go To Previous/Next Transient', which I think could work here similarly, and could use the same key commands as well, you know, if it'd work on the window that's active.

Edited by darudevil

Hey Guys, I updated to 10.5.1 and I get stuck at "updating modules informations "screen. I have a lot of plugins. If I understand well Logic is doing a complete rescan. But before 10.5.1 I could see AU eval small apps running, there were sometimes 3 or 4 scanning the AU at the same time. Now everything is hidden and I don't know if it will end one day !! I've been waiting for hours ...I need to work but scan won't finish.

Is there a way to know which plugin cause the scan freeze without clearing out Component folder and add plugins again one by one ?

Thanks

This appears to be a new bug where the LPX splash screen is hiding a plugin’s dialog that is waiting for you to respond. It’s sitting there waiting for you to hit the ok button. You can’t see it because of the splash screen. I haven’t tried this yet but I’ve been told you can use mission control to move the splash screen to another virtual screen or something and then you’ll be able to see the dialog and press ok to continue scanning

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but is anyone having trouble with the metering plugins? I'm talking Loudness, Level Meter, Multimeter, etc. They all open just fine but don't register anything on their meters.

I've been working on a project I started in an older version of Logic, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Everything else works.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but is anyone having trouble with the metering plugins? I'm talking Loudness, Level Meter, Multimeter, etc. They all open just fine but don't register anything on their meters.

I've been working on a project I started in an older version of Logic, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Everything else works.

level meter here is working as always, on projects started in 10.4.8. does the problem happen on more than one project? a 'virgin' project? & have you rebooted? (i always ask that)...

level meter here is working as always, on projects started in 10.4.8. does the problem happen on more than one project? a 'virgin' project? & have you rebooted? (i always ask that)...

Thanks. I finally got it working. I rebooted, which didn't work. But then I resaved the project under a new name and rebooted again and it solved it.

Thanks. I finally got it working. I rebooted, which didn't work. But then I resaved the project under a new name and rebooted again and it solved it.

excellent!