10.5.1 is out.

Ashermusic

Hm. I tend to lose my cursor when I have something(plug in window, for example) on top of the arrange window. Never had that before. It just disappears behind the top window.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Not happy with this update.

Hm. I tend to lose my cursor when I have something(plug in window, for example) on top of the arrange window. Never had that before. It just disappears behind the top window.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Not happy with this update.

have not seen that (ever, actually). did it happen in 10.5?

try changing the cursor size (you can change it back to what you want, just change it up a bit): system preferences>accessibility>display>cursor>cursor size...

best I can recall it did occur in 10.5.0 as well, it just seemed to be one of those "random graphic" things I've had in LPX like forever. The cursor becomes a razor thin bar, and then changes back a few clicks later. Annoying, not fatal...just move on.../s~

did you at least try my suggestion?

...actually no, I just "wiggle" the cursor for a moment and it would "recover".../s~

and my simple suggestion (which, to be fair, may not change anything) is not worth the 15 seconds it would take to try?

"i have a problem"

"this might help"

"yeah, but...i'll just live with it"

why bring it up on the forum if you're not interested in trying anything to fix it? ah, well...

why bring it up on the forum if you're not interested in trying anything to fix it? ah, well...

I think occasionally some people (in general, not specifically this post) are less interested in a solution, or engaging in a dialog to find a solution and more interested in venting and having people understand just how they feel about it...

Bug report: I'm feeling very annoyed

Expected behaviour: It just worked, and I'd be happy

What happened: It didn't, and I'm not

Steps to reproduce: Exactly what I just did

Additional info: I hope you understand just how annoyed I'm feeling right now

:mrgreen:

.....mmmmm...ouch!..."why bring it up on the forum if you're not interested in trying anything to fix it? ah, well..."...possibly as a confirmation of the just prior post asking if anyone else had experienced the issue...(sigh)...hth.../s~

sorry, i shouldn't single anyone out. but your next post says this:

"...actually no, I just "wiggle" the cursor for a moment and it would "recover".../s~"

maybe 'zip' will try something. anyway, will move on...

In case anyone was wondering, many 3rd party plugins crash Logic in the Big Sur beta. (among other things) I guess to be expected, but still I hope for better at every year's beta cycle.

i have one friend on the developer beta, and he says every 3rd-party plugin he has but one validated, and work. have you tried re-validating? will dive in to the public beta when it drops next month; should be interesting/terrifying...

In case anyone was wondering, many 3rd party plugins crash Logic in the Big Sur beta. (among other things) I guess to be expected, but still I hope for better at every year's beta cycle.

wait, are you reporting this from your experience? or is this something you read somewhere (just curious)...

wait, are you reporting this from your experience? or is this something you read somewhere (just curious)...

hey, i really do want to know: is this something you're experiencing? or have you just read about others having this issue? because i'm diving in next month when the public beta is official, and want to know (as much as possible) what i'm up against. thanks!

After dealing with some Catalina 10.15.5 odd backup issues, now resolved. I have loaded the Big Sur Beta 1 and all my plugins loaded, I didn't have to revalidate them. Logic 10.5.1 on my iMac 2017

good to hear (i'd still like to know if igman has had issues, or was just passing on someone else's info). am gonna dive in (after cloning my mac with CCC), and looking forward to seeing how it all goes. thanks!

Please, please ensure your backup boots.

10.15.5 Catalina added something that changed backup cloning.

There are updates to ccc and superduper only works with smart update

i've tested that as recently as june 23rd, and all is well. plus, i haven't yet decided if i'll just upgrade the OS, or do a clean install (so, an hour or so vs an afternoon of work).... thanks for pointing that out, though.

Big Sur beta 1 ??

um... are you asking me? i will install public beta 1 when it's released (august); i'll be fully backed-up in case, but i've heard from 2 people on the developer beta, and they're both running logic 10.5.

anyway, will be posting like this :D or like this :cry: soon enough

Big Sur beta 1 ??

um... are you asking me? i will install public beta 1 when it's released (august); i'll be fully backed-up in case, but i've heard from 2 people on the developer beta, and they're both running logic 10.5.

anyway, will be posting like this :D or like this :cry: soon enough

Thanx for the reply!

Ok, just googled to find out what "Big Sur" was meaning...

Is that realy the name of the next Mac OS? Or just a nickname because the number is jumping one one digit (from 10 to 11)?