Time for a new computer?

basswalrus

Hi All,

I'm in the middle of two projects, a film score and album, and I'm using lots of sample libraries and plug ins. It was fine for a while and now its freezing constantly. I tried raising the buffer size to 1024. I also tried both bouncing midi files to audio. I cleaned my mac mini and have 330 gigs of available storage. Still it's freezing all the time, (it doesn't like Zoom much either). I attached a new message I've never seen before.

I'm thinking it's time for a new computer (bad timing) but it seems it's just getting unusable. I got this one in 2012.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

IMG_7225.thumb.jpg.1bc2b252752cdc3b16c6c20f81c0fe7c.jpg

Zoom is very taxing on a computer. (All video conferencing is) One way to incorporate a new computer is to set it up with Vienna Ensemble Pro, the new machine can host a ton of things, taking the load off of your main machine but not requiring you to take the time to set it up completely. With the new version you can buy as many licenses as you need, which is good. I use a 2012 MBP as the 2nd machine.

I love my 2018 Mac mini and it can run lots of things but the U-He plugs are greedy (HalionSonic as well) and having those run on a 2nd computer made all the difference in the world on my RELEASED TODAY new album. It was a HUGE project. (And available now at redgreenblue.bandcamp.com)