Environment: Sustain Pedal to Suspend, then Recall Mod Wheel Value

Plowman

I am trying to develop a simple Environment: when the sustain pedal is engaged ( CC 64 127 ), the mod wheel goes nil ( CC 1 0 ). That's the simple part.

Less simple for me (easy for many here) is that when the sustain pedal is released (CC 64 0), the Environment sends the sequencer a message that pops the mod wheel back to wherever it was before the sustain pedal set it to nil ( without any need to nudge the mod wheel again ).

Always grateful.

That's actually quite easy. Here's the concept:

- Split off CC1 and feed it into a CC1 Fader, then into the SeqIn. This will be your memory for CC1

- Split off CC64 and mult it into one Transformer, only reacting to CC64 - 127 (filter everything else), converting that to CC1 - 0, going to the SeqIn. This will appear like the ModWheel is set to 0 when Sust is pressed.

- The mult goes also to another Transformer, only reacting to CC64 - 0 (filter everything else), converting that into Meta 99 - 1 (Bang Fader), going to the CC1 Fader. This will resend the last CC1value when Sust is released.

Like this:

1883641561_Bildschirmfoto2020-07-04um18_26_15.thumb.png.75b9e5db8b10040518012bcd005d332a.png

Success.

Out of curiosity: Meta 99 forces the fader to send its value. What does the second value determine? In this case, no matter Meta 99's Data Byte 2 setting in the Transformer, everything seems to work.

The speed and precision of your responses are appreciated.

Thanks. The second byte 1 means a straight-forward fader bang, and that second byte seems to be irrelevant unless it's 120 or above.

I've read the list many times online, but one thing I've never found is an explanation of "rollover." Your patience permitting, what is the difference with or without rollover?