volume automation line is not having any effect [SOLVED]

KeithJames
Go to solution Solved by Atlas007,

Hi: Suddenly when I drag the volume automation line around, up and down, it has no effect on the volume of the track. This has happened to me before and I figured something became buggy in the track....or is there a setting I accidentally enabled to cause no change in the volume even when moving the volume automation bullets and line?

Thanks,

James

The track that was giving me trouble is gone. I was able to copy the notes and the automation to a new track. I'm exhausted. But I will get back to you on this tomorrow or later. I think there might still be another track that is still doing that but I don't need to adjust it so I care. Right now I have to walk away because I've working for hours and I'm exhausted. I don't know wht the read, write, latch ext. options are, or what it means, but all of the tracks are lit with green READ button.

• Solution

By lit, the Read button itself must be blue and the Read letters green.

Alternately, each parameter's automation could be (discretely) turned On/Off, using the button that appears (only) when the mouse pointer is hovering the selector (of the automation parameter) in the track header...

Many places to check about the automation. Which admittedly is getting harder to keep "track" after a long working day...

Hi: Suddenly when I drag the volume automation line around, up and down, it has no effect on the volume of the track. This has happened to me before and I figured something became buggy in the track....or is there a setting I accidentally enabled to cause no change in the volume even when moving the volume automation bullets and line?

The track needs to be in Read mode and the automation should be turned on in the Track (or Region) button on the track header. The automation curve for volume should be a yellow line indicating that at least one point exists in the curve. If it still fails, next time, post a screenshot so we can have a look!

As I understand what you're saying, the track in question does not respond to your volume automation curve. When this happens to me, and as a last resort, I will delete 'all automation' on that track ( under the "mix" menu) to make sure there is no competing but invisible automation going on.

• 1 year later...
On 7/6/2020 at 2:49 AM, KeithJames said:

Thanks,

James

I found that there was automation that had "magically" appeared in the background. There was a mute marker at the start and end of the region I was trying to do volume automation on, it wasn't actually actively muting anything but at the same time it wasn't allowing me to do any other automation on that section of the track. I deleted the mute line completely and hey presto all other automation started working! 

• David Nahmani changed the title to volume automation line is not having any effect [SOLVED]