Second hand mac spec for logic pro

Emevs

I'm looking for a second hand Mac for my son to run Logic Pro with a budget of around £500 - if that's possible. I'm trying to learn (quickly) about what I need but its a bit confusing! Can anyone suggest what I might need - I'm no technical expert... thanks

I'm looking for a second hand Mac for my son to run Logic Pro with a budget of around £500 - if that's possible. I'm trying to learn (quickly) about what I need but its a bit confusing! Can anyone suggest what I might need - I'm no technical expert... thanks

2012 Mac Mini with i7. You'd need a monitor. You can try with an i5, but it craps out faster.

2012 Macbook Pro 15-inch non-retina with i7 would be the best. Same thing here. 13-inch models from this year have less powerful chips.

There's not a lot of options for 500 quid. But you wanna shoot for 8 gigs of ram and SSD system drives if possible.

Maybe you can list here some candidates you're considering. Helps us give better recommendations.