No signal from my guitar - why

splitmusic
Go to solution Solved by Alan Shields,

Hi there,

Can anyone help please - I've connected my electric guitar to Logic Pro X 10.5.1 via my Fast Track usb interface. I've done this as an Audio track I've chosen Audio input - input 1 and Audio output - Output 1 + 2. Preferences are all set to Fast Track in and Fast Track out but no signal whatsoever! I can hear the guitar in my headphones direct from the Fast Track device but Logic fails to pick up any signal at all!

If I go into Garageband using the same setup the guitar records without any problem whatsoever. I can't figure it out!

Any tips or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

I'll start with the obvious first:

1 the Guitar/Line switch is set to guitar.

2 when you play you are registering a signal on the Fast Track input indicator light.

I imagine this is the case as you say you can hear the guitar through the head phones but let's cover all bases.

Now go to Logic Pro X > Preferences > Audio... and in the General tab (2nd tab) make sure Software Monitoring is ticked and input monitoring only for focused track is not ticked.

In the Devices tab (1st tab) make sure that the Fast Track is set as the input device and the output device.

Now in the Logic menu bar go to Record and make sure Auto Input Monitoring is ticked.

Now in the Audio track click on the I button to right of the record button, it should turn amber.

Hopefully this will have you up and running,

Alan