Logic Decreases The Output Volume

djsnake
Go to solution Solved by triplets,

Hey everybody. I hope you guys having a good day. I have a question. I have an audio file which is more silent than the standard dB levels and my reference track. I opened a new session, tweaked up some plug-ins like Gain (+15 dB) and it sounded like its dB levels are quite the same with my reference track. But When I Bounce It (With Overload Protection Only Normalize Setting On) It became silent again. I turned off the normalize option and this time the whole audio became extremely distorted. I just can't bounce what I hear. Also in Level Monitor, it said it's +30 RMS while my reference track is at +10. Is there a way to bounce what I'm exactly hearing ?

When I don't use normalize it becomes extremely distorted as I mentioned about it up here. Also I can't get it to the level I want without surpassing Red Area in Level Monitor.

If you use normalize, the bounce will never sound like what you hear in Logic. It's useless for final bounces.

And if it becomes distorted without it, you have a problem in your mix you have to fix. What plugins do you use on your Stereo Out?

I did Adaptive Limiter trick and the whole audio became distorted. Tweaked some settings and it was still distorted.

I Bypassed the Gain Plug-in and this time Adaptive Limiter didn't make any distortion but the audio became silent again.

I tried Real-Time bounce with Normalize Off, It worked, I got the audio file exactly the same with Logic's Playback.

But when I drag that audio file to Logic, It becomes extremely distorted. When I move that file to another device and play it, it sounds extremely distorted.

Also if I convert it to Mp3, It becomes distorted again. I got the Wav file exported and it only works fine when Playback. If I move, edit, drag, or do anything to that file, it becomes distorted.

I think this way is not a proper solution. I compared the Audio to my Reference Track, they both sounded loud but Logic's Level Meter says my Reference Track is on 0.0 Level, and my track is on +10 Red Area. But they both sound pretty similar in terms of loudness. Should I mix the file from scratch or do you guys know something that comes in handy about this.