Smart Controls auto-remapping After being Deleted/3 Displays not holding screenset positions correctly

jeffdewine

Hi. I have created my own midi mapping according to the requirements of my setup, but am running into a few issues.

First: Since I have a keystation pro 88 and plenty of knobs and buttons I went around the smart controls and just mapped the required paramters accordingly.

I have deleted the smart control mappings but it seems despite after "unchecking the automatic smart controls" for each track inside my project and deleting them from the controller assignments panel ...for some reason everytime i open up the project, logic remaps the smart controls. Is there a way I can keep them from mapping automatically on a global level...and then store that setting....just as my mappings are stored globally.

I am open to using the smart controls but for now, I went through some complicated midi programming and dont require their help just yet lol. Any ideas on how to turn off the automatic smart mapping?

Second. Im having some display issues. I have screen sets configured and am well versed in the lock and unlocking functions...but no matter how many times reposition things and then unlock and relock...their placements dont last more than a few days and then sure enough they appear all on my main mbp screen.

Having "displays have separate" spaces checked or unchecked doesn't seem to make any difference in behavior. Im thinking it may have to do with "desktop options" when right clicking the app in dock....then selecting the desktop assigning options...but im not sure which to choose to get the desired outcome. To reiterate...just looking for logic to replicate my screensets the way they were locked... I trust this is all doable...just a matter getting everything set correctly. Thanks in Advance!!

261551665_Screenshot2020-07-0912_13_04.png.885421faf9a9090c0faae213c3d17a38.png

Hi. I have created my own midi mapping according to the requirements of my setup, but am running into a few issues.

First: Since I have a keystation pro 88 and plenty of knobs and buttons I went around the smart controls and just mapped the required paramters accordingly.

I have deleted the smart control mappings but it seems despite after "unchecking the automatic smart controls" for each track inside my project and deleting them from the controller assignments panel ...for some reason everytime i open up the project, logic remaps the smart controls. Is there a way I can keep them from mapping automatically on a global level...and then store that setting....just as my mappings are stored globally.

I am open to using the smart controls but for now, I went through some complicated midi programming and dont require their help just yet lol. Any ideas on how to turn off the automatic smart mapping?

Have you tried deselecting your keystation in the Control Surfaces prefs (Midi Controllers tab)?