Smart tempo for a dumbo

PicoSuave

I am using Logic Pro 10.5. Recording guitar in and using smart drummer, typically electronic, hip hop, or 80s beats.

Two questions and I owe you a bag of rubies:

1. Whenever I change the BPM tempo in smart tempo from variable to a constant number to keep a steady Beat the drummer becomes hopelessly off beat.

Is there a way to correct this or does keeping a steady BPM mean no drummer can maintain tempo?

I use the tempo option to use tempo of project on the drummer region after I choose follow region of the guitar region. I'm sure I dont have to double my work like that but it doesnt always stick for some reason....

2. When I change the global tempo sliders to match a tempo it will automatically go back to the initial tempo sometimes. And other times it wont. Is there a way to lock the global tempo sliders (the lines you can move up and down) after editing them?

Actually 3. Is there a way to export a region from a track and start a whole new track with just that region?

These are probably super dumb questions. I have been using youtube and reading online looking everywhere for answers but nada.

I'll thank your forum name at the Grammys.

Unless you're in Keep mode, the other Smart Tempo modes are meant to automatically detect (and adapt to) the tempo of a recording or a file, so not meant for you to change the tempo manually. If you want to change the tempo manually, first switch to KEEP mode. Then make sure you solo your drummer track along with a metronome so that you can tell whether or not the drummer follows the new tempo you choose.

Unless you're in Keep mode, the other Smart Tempo modes are meant to automatically detect (and adapt to) the tempo of a recording or a file, so not meant for you to change the tempo manually. If you want to change the tempo manually, first switch to KEEP mode. Then make sure you solo your drummer track along with a metronome so that you can tell whether or not the drummer follows the new tempo you choose.