Channel Strip Settings not saving Sends

JoshJ

For some reason my channel strip setting are saving only plugins and not Sends. Have tried saving both via the mixer channel strip menu and via the Library but same result with both. Is there a setting somewhere I have turned off by accident?

Channel Strip Settings are a legacy feature, I recommend you stop using them. They do not include sends.

Instead, use Patches. You save a patch by clicking Save at the bottom right in the Library (when the blue triangle points toward the Setting button at the top of the channel strip). Patches include bus sends.

• Like 1

Hi David. Channel strip settings have always worked for me and included Sends as of recently.

Yes. That's why I recommend no longer using them in favor of the newer, better and improved patches.

As I mentioned I did try saving the patch via the Library but it didn’t save the Sends either.

Yes. That's why I mentioned that you have to make sure you point the blue triangle to the Setting button at the top of the channel strip, because my guess is, that maybe you've missed that step. Try it again in a new empty project, see if that works.

This is all I'm seeing; t.ly/eC2K

Read the blue triangle is only visible when the Library Window and the Main Inspector are both visible in the Main Window, but still cant see it.

You may need to click on the gray area to the left of the settings box. If you hover the mouse over that area, you'll see the arrow (gray), click it and it turns blue.

Thanks! That wasn't easy to find. You have to hover over the left area of the channel strip next to the Channel Strip Settings button, but only in the Main Window's inspector. The blue arrow doesn't seem to exists (even when blue and active) on the channel in the Mixer window.

Regardless, having activated the blue arrow and saved my chan strip setting using the Library Save button, the channel strip setting is still not saving my Sends!

Thanks! That wasn't easy to find. You have to hover over the left area of the channel strip next to the Channel Strip Settings button, but only in the Main Window's inspector. The blue arrow doesn't seem to exists (even when blue and active) on the channel in the Mixer window.

Regardless, having activated the blue arrow and saved my chan strip setting using the Library Save button, the channel strip setting is still not saving my Sends!

I don't think it's designed to show up on the channel strip. (I know this doesn't help) but I just tested this in a new project and it works ok for me. Even after I delete everything, add a new track, apply the patch and the send is setup.

10.5.1? I create a new empty project, create a software instrument track, one instrument, one bus send, save as channel strip setting (not Patch in the Library) and sends aren't recalled here.

Yeah, I was referring to Patch. I never use save "channel strip settings". Sorry if I confused the matter.

Yeah, I was referring to Patch. I never use save "channel strip settings". Sorry if I confused the matter.

Oh ok Patch work fine here too for saving bus sends so we get the same behavior.

Do you think they’ll address this in the next update? How are Apple notified of these bugs?

Channel Strip Settings being a legacy feature, they certainly aren't high on their priorities, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. Why not go with the flow and save patches rather than channel strip settings from now on?

To notify Apple, use this form: https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

If it worked I would do but it’s not. Personally think accessing channelstrip setting via the mixer is way more intuitive but anyway.

Found another potential bug also. When that blue arrow is activated in the strip in the inspector it is generating a big blank grey area in the left of the mixer where channels should be showing

If it worked I would do but it’s not.

It's impossible to help with that little amount of info. Patches work as expected as far as I can tell. Otherwise it sounds like the XY problem.

On another note David, what is "save as performance". (feel free to move this discussion)