MIDI Defaulting to Channel "All"

Andrew0568

When I import MIDI into my template, it will change the MIDI Channel to "All" automatically. I then have to go into Track and switch it to MIDI Channel "1" in order to hear any output.

Also, is there a way to edit the MIDI events for multiple tracks at once? Let's say I want to delete all the pan data on several MIDI tracks. When I open the Event editor, I can delete all the pan info but I have to go track-by-track, even when I select all the tracks

Regarding the second question, by "tracks" I think you mean regions.

Select the regions that have the soon-to-disappear Pan data.

Command 9, or Window > Open MIDI Transform.

On the top left, "New Parameter Set." On the top right, "Delete Selected Events."

Top line, Status = Control. Data Byte 1 = 10 (assuming the standard Pan CC).

"Select" will find the pesky Pan data, and a prompt will show you how many CC 10 messages it has found. "Select and Operate" will both find and delete.

When I import MIDI into my template, it will change the MIDI Channel to "All" automatically. I then have to go into Track and switch it to MIDI Channel "1" in order to hear any output.

That's the expected behavior, you probably want to change the channel to "All" or "Omni" in the receiving instrument instead.