Logic Pro X recorded audio displaced AHEAD of time

sahiltct

Been using Logic Pro X for years now. In the middle of a recording session where I was tracking vocals, the audio started getting recorded AHEAD of time. I'm stumped as to why it is happening.

Low latency monitoring is on. During troubleshooting, I realised that switching off low latency monitoring helped a couple times but the audio would unpredictably go out of time suddenly. Have tried toggling it on and off multiple times, restarted my system, switched the buffer rate to all values. This is the first time I'm experiencing such a problem. The only difference between this session and my usual ones is that I usually record into a Scarlett 18i20 2nd Gen. This time it was a 2i2 1st Gen at a friend's studio.

I'm running a MacBook pro 16 inch (2019) i7 with 16 gigs RAM and Logic Pro is running the latest update on Catalina.

HELP.

I understand that it's an overcompensation. Tried recording in a new session. The problem didn't occur initially. However, as a few tracks built up, it started happening again.

As for using plugins, I'm using a drum VST (GGD) and some slate plugins to process the drums. It's almost impossible for me to work without these and I've always had this processing as a base template for building up. It's really annoying.

I understand that it's an overcompensation. Tried recording in a new session. The problem didn't occur initially. However, as a few tracks built up, it started happening again.

As for using plugins, I'm using a drum VST (GGD) and some slate plugins to process the drums. It's almost impossible for me to work without these and I've always had this processing as a base template for building up. It's really annoying.

Did you change the plug-ins used (inserted) between the time when the problem didn't occur and when it started happening?

I'm not sure you understand my point at all. The issue doesn't occur with a single recorded track with no plugins. It occurrs when you record multiple audio tracks with/without plugins. There isn't a specific number of tracks when this suddenly starts occurring (with/without plugins). It doesn't happen with a single track with no plugins.

I'm using the same plugins I used on a previous machine on Logic Pro X and the only change in my setup has been a new computer, a new OS update and a DAW update.

Now, I'm going to record track after track till it starts happening and get back to you.

Ok my idea is: when this happens in a project, no matter how complex, save a "troubleshooting" copy of the file, remove all plug-ins from the entire mixer (don't turn them off, literally remove them, and ALL of them, on ALL channels) and see if the issue disappears.

But your idea of recording heaps of tracks would be interesting too, it's just more time consuming.

• 11 months later...