Logic Pro/Apollo Twin X/Kemper Sample Rate Confusion

iceglobe

Hello all,

I am curious if anyone can lend some insight to a situation I am in.

I currently have Logic Pro X acting as master sample rate clock to the UA Apollo Twin X. I also have my Kemper Profiler Stage connected to my Apollo Twin X via S/PDIF.

The Kemper can be slave or master; however, the Apollo Twin X, to the best of my knowledge, does not have the capacity the be master to external digital hardware. That means that I need to have the Kemper be the master of the Apollo Twin X. Now, the issue is that the Apollo Twin X is caught in the middle between two masters. I am trying to think of a way to make it just one line of command so that the Kemper is the master of the Apollo Twin X which will in turn be the master of Logic Pro X.

I'm not sure if this is the best way to go about this, but I would love to learn how to handle this situation in the most efficient and effective way possible.

Additionally, does it matter who's the master of who as long as I have everything set to the same sample rate? Can this cause confusion in the hardware/software if they aren't perfectly synced through the master/slave relationship?

Thanks in advance for the help!

If the Logic cannot be the master then why does the sample rate change on my interface whenever I change it in Logic but not the other way around?

Because the project defines the sample rate. Once you use an external clock, you have to change the interface to accept the external clock. Logic has nothing to do with that.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hello

How to connect kemper profiler and uad apollo twin x via Spdif.Please help me

I think your best bet is to record the kemper analog into channel 1 and 2 of your twin.

Don't think so. This way add an additional latency cause of digital-analog-digital convertions.

The best way to connect your Kemper into Twin X is to use Kemper's S/PDIF coaxial out. You have to install coaxial-optical S/PDIF convertor cause Twin X doesn't have coaxial S/PDIF in, just optical.