Assigning Logic Control (MCU) V-Pot Button to Other Than Unity Gain

Plowman

Most of what I know about this Control Surface comes from trial-and-error, and this forum.

This controller's first V-Pot Select Button in the mode "Channel Strip, Channel View" defaults to sending a message of Unity Gain 0.0 dB. Is it possible to set it to send a value of -7.0 dB? I have played with the following values and settings to no avail. (Below is the default.)

610000123_Ch.1V-Select.thumb.png.833258f312a129997e4c1cf71560d812.png

I can't check right now, but often the multiply values are key in targetting the correct MCU parameter (as an basic example, multiply 1x 0-128 might target a parameter for insert slot 1, then multiply 2x 0-128 is the same parameter for insert 2, and so on, so the multiplication is implicitly used to target to the correct parameter, rather than just to scale the incoming values as such.

With a lot of these things, you often need to use a bit of trial and error to figure out what values are being sent, and what they are transposed to before you can set up your own assignments. Poke around with it, see what you can figure out. If you still can't get any joy, post back and I'll have a look...

Thanks to you both.

Yes, before my initial post, I spent some time trying a lot of combinations, poking about in the digital dark. Pushing the V-Select had one of two outcomes: a return to Unity Gain (no change from the default, no matter the settings) or a drop to zero. I could not connect behavior to settings as I tried min/max values, multipliers high and low (including percentages, or .x), and formats. I also tried different modes. ("Mode," that fungible term, here means Direct, Relative, Toggle, etc. -- not the "mode" of the Logic Control unit).

After reading your posts, I spent another fifteen minutes or so this morning in renewed effort with the same result. Some V-Select settings rendered the entire VPot itself unresponsive (turning, not pushing, the knob stopped adjusting the volume altogether). It's easy to recover the "correct" settings, so experimenting poses little danger.

There is nothing urgent here. If it appeals to you, experiment in your leisure.