CC from active track

vmimbrero

Hi there

I am working on my template with Logic por X and VEP.

VEP can enable or disable a channel with automation sent from Logic via CC. I wonder how can I send a CC from the active track in Logic. In Cubase is very easy but this is getting my nerves in Logic. I have control surfaces and even with Touch OSC or Metaserver for Ipad but I can't get it.

Thanks for your help.

Be well

I encourage you to use Fader messages for these, which are assignable to Smart Controls -- and thereby, control surfaces.

1. In VEP, hit F5 as the default for opening Automation Mapping.

2. Select the tab "Parameters," and then, any blank item on the list. Click the "L" for "Learn."

3. Click the enable / disable button on any channel set in a VI Pro Instance.

4. Go to the Logic track that's assigned to your instance.

5. Go to the Automation Menu on that track, click to open, and select "Vienna Ense".

6. This will reveal the automation parameter that you just assigned, out of a possible 512 parameters that can be assigned (but what you just did should be near the top of this list). Select it, and now it can be enabled / disabled from Region or Track Automation without CC's.

7. To make this accessible to a Control Surface, this same parameter can be assigned to a Smart Control, and subsequently an External Assignment .

If you are determined to use CC's,

1. In VEP hit F5 as the default for opening Automation Mapping.

2. Select the tab "MIDI Controllers."

3. On the right hand column, click "L" for Learn."

4. Select the enable / disable button on any channel set in a VI Pro Instance.

5. Go to the Automation Mapping > MIDI Controller's left column. Here, personally, I click-hold the item (not the "L") and navigate to the controller in the drop down list that I'd use to enable / disable.

6. Once selected, you can automate the VEP Parameter via your chosen CC from any source.

Returning to the non-CC approach, below is a picture of my VEP Violins, which can enable / disable the simultaneous playback of four of VSL's Synchron string offerings: solo / chamber / Dimension / Appassionatas. These are on discrete channel sets, but they are assigned to the same MIDI channel (the blue buttons on the right hand side. Blue buttons on the left enable / disable the IR's).

This gives me immediate access to mixing the libraries, and VSL has done an exceptional job programming the sounds to blend. This is done without CC's, using Smart Controls. Their only drawback is a limit of buttons and dials, and this SC skin I'm using -- Modern Black 66 -- has, to my knowledge, the highest possible number of options (twenty-four, including the buttons).

883978111_Enable_DisableVEPInstanceChannelSetsViaSmartControls.png.5621eba7cd70891e8c3d21c941179b9a.png

• 3 months later...
I encourage you to use Fader messages for these, which are assignable to Smart Controls -- and thereby, control surfaces...

...Enable_Disable VEP Instance Channel Sets Via Smart Controls.png

A perfect example of why I love this forum. I recently purchased VEPro 7 AND I’ve been experimenting with using fader messages in my projects. I might actually have a day in LPX where I get a lot accomplished *and* have inadvertently learned something new & very valuable (I didn’t realize we could assign fader messages to smart controls)! Fingers crossed the day continues on this high note! :-)