Routing midi to control macros inside plugin chainer

JoshJ

I'm trying to midi control an EQ plugin inside a plugin chainer. I’ve tried it with 2 chainers (Bluecat's Patchwork and Kushview’s Element) and can’t get either to work. Both plugins require you to internally map one of your loaded plugins' parameters to a macro knob within the chainer itself, and then map that macro to your midi controller (kind of similar to using a midi controller with Logic's Smart Controls). The chainer plugins don’t seem to be recognising there is a midi signal coming in at all. I reached out to the Element developer and he said it must just be an issue with Logic+Element, but then I tried with Patchwork and am getting the same result so am thinking it may be a setup issue or a technical issue with Logics ability to perform this. I’ve tried this with Elements standalone Mac app and managed to set it up fine.

Other than just selecting the mixer channel before hitting “Learn” inside the chainer plugin, is there something else I need to setup in order to route midi through to the plugin chainer. I have attached an image of the plugins Midi Input settings below. My Logic Controller Assignments window is currently set to "No Zone".

Many thanks

322551127_Screenshot2020-08-05at20_37_11.thumb.png.116c608e700e017678e0de7e00467125.png