Q: Adding next region to the selection

A_Pryce

Hi

After I select a region I click shift and right arrow to add the next one but if there is another region before that on an other track, Logic selects that instead . How can I avoid it?

I just want to keep adding regions to the the selection only on the same track. I couldn't find a shortcut.

Thanks

A.

Hi Triplets,

I think I was not clear about what I intend to do.

I do not want to repeat the region. I just want to select(add) the next region(s) by a shortcut. Like with shift and mouse swipe to select multiple regions on a track.

Holding shift and using right arrow is what I used to do with other daws but Logic selects regions from other tracks as well if they are in between.

Thank You

Thanks David,

That is what I do but shift right arrow selects the regions from other tracks as well.

As you can see when I click shift right arrow Logic selects the next region from the next track. Not the one on the same track on bar 5. Which what I want to select.

Is there an option that I am missing?

Thank You.

573498756_ScreenShot2020-08-11at17_01_05.thumb.png.d78317d7a0c66c9db94256fd5838e8fe.png

This is a reasonable request for a key command.

A_Pryce, as a work-around:

Select the first region.

Set locators to include the regions you will select.

Control Shift F -- this will select all the regions only on your chosen track, starting with the region already selected.

KC: Deselect outside locators -- which has no default. You can assign it. This will deselect all regions not included within the locators.

Perhaps this is better than reaching for the mouse, perhaps not.

There is also a key command called: "Deselect all Regions except on Focused Track" (though here on 10.4.8, it does not seem to be working as I think it should.)

• 9 months later...

Yeah, the "Next" behaviour is extremely illogical. Using only right/left-arrows will select the next event on the same track, but shift + right-arrow will select the next on any track? But they are named equally in Key Commands, beside the Select/Toggle.

I cannot understand when someone would have use for selecting randomly other things on other tracks, rather than being only on the selected track. Just one of many oddities with Logic's software design.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...