Crossfade bug

Darude
Go to solution Solved by Darude,

Did a search, but didn’t see this one, but other crossfade bugs, mainly related to comping ie. take folders. This one is regular crossfade, two audio regions one after the other on an audio track and starts ramping up the following region only when the xfade starts. Please check the video. Anyone else? https://www.dropbox.com/s/96i8zeeqderdtuu/Logic%2010.5.1%20Mojave%20Xfade%20bug.mov?dl=0

You questioning my crossfade? :D Crossfade length doesn’t have anything to do with how the feature works (should work).

(In case you didn’t know, you can use it for other things than just making glitchless marriages between two regions; in this case I’m shortening an 8 bar build-up to 4 bars.)

• Solution
I figured it out, it's a yes and no to your question. It happened to a point, but as I shortened it zoomed in more I realized the crossfade indeed WAS too big, but not in the sense of a crossfade length generally having limits, but it caught the right edge of the second region. As soon as I made it a bit shorter than that, so it wasn't going "over" region border, then it started working. I sort of get why it is like that, and I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but then again, it could just work on the starting side and whatever amount of the crossfade wasn't done on the region ending side, it could just go to the next region normally, abruptly, if the transition IS abrupt, and that'd be on the user.

Great, thanks for letting us know what it was. That's a typical issue and unfortunately there's no easy way to spot it visually. It would be nice if a solution was created that would allow one to be able to somehow see the waveform of the region from the crossfade start to the right-region start and from the left-region end to the crossfade end.

Great, thanks for letting us know what it was. That's a typical issue and unfortunately there's no easy way to spot it visually. It would be nice if a solution was created that would allow one to be able to somehow see the waveform of the region from the crossfade start to the right-region start and from the left-region end to the crossfade end.

Yeah, I was quite disappointed with the otherwise amazing 10.5 update, when they didn't introduce "live" or "dynamic" waveforms for for eg. fades, like some DAWs have had years. :/