Thanks David! :)

Danny Wyatt

Yesterday I was thinking about other forums (I'm not going to name names, but maybe some of you will know which ones I'm talking about...) and I looked at our "family" here in this forum and I felt the need to create this post so we can all appreciate and feel grateful for this space, created by David.

In most of those other forums I thought about, I see really harsh comments and people looking down on other people for their lack of skills, almost in a snob way, as if those spaces are for professionals only, which is really not a good environment. Every time I have to check something there, I always feel this really negative vibe and all I want is to check some of the posts and get the hell outta there hahaha do you relate? ;)

I'm not saying that sometimes we don't have some hot discussions here as well, but it's not as regular as I see out there. If you are a part of those forums, you probably understand what I mean.

So yeah, I wanted to take the time to thank David, not only for creating this forum, but also being able to monitor everything, establishing rules (especially moral rules) so we can have a clean and healthy environment here. Some users are super advanced, some users are super new to Logic (and production/mixing/mastering in general). Some people are using Logic 10.5, some people are still using Logic 8, but no matter what, we all help each other the way we can, because we all know what it feels like being in a place where things don't work and how frustrating that is. Or just finding that one post where we learn a new shortcut or trick that will saves us so much time.

Again, thank you David for building such a beautiful community and thank you, all the other users, for understanding what this is all about, making this as healthy as possible! :)

Wow thanks Danny I very much appreciate it. :D

No, man! I think I can speak for all of us, WE appreciate your work, time, dedication! In a world where it's so easy to be rude, because we all hide behind a screen, it feels good when we have a place where we know we have a big family here, even though we don't know each other in person. :)

Interesting note: you remember that picture you used for such a long time, with long hair and sunglasses? For me that picture has the same effect as that picture Tom used for MySpace, you know? That everyone recognizes as THE Myspace picture. That picture of yours, is THE Logic Pro Help picture hahaha you still have it? If so, please post it here lol

He's right though; kvr/gs/reddit are not 'warm' like this place. Too many egos, too many learners incorrectly advising.. I try to point those who seem decent and curious here. David you have done a great job, I concur!

I’m not naming names, you are lol

You know exactly the feeling... those places... wow.

At least in here we feel we are all teaching and learning, regardless of our level of expertise. That’s what a real community is :)

Thanks for your comment and glad you see it the same way

I went there. ;) yes I did.

I've done software support my whole life, pretty much, and those places are painful to watch. Agonising sometimes.. They feel like random rooms of people whose internal dialog is a lot louder than their speaking voice, and their solution is the only solution. This forum is like the quiet corner of a library with folks sitting quietly having a cup of tea discussing how to solve a problem they've found.

And that's my kind of room!

I went there. ;) yes I did.

I've done software support my whole life, pretty much, and those places are painful to watch. Agonising sometimes.. They feel like random rooms of people whose internal dialog is a lot louder than their speaking voice, and their solution is the only solution. This forum is like the quiet corner of a library with folks sitting quietly having a cup of tea discussing how to solve a problem they've found.

And that's my kind of room!

That’s a great analogy ;) I agree 100%

We are like the musketeers here: one for all and all for one, whereas in other places is more like one against all and all against one ;)

For real, David! I cannot put in words how grateful I am for your helpful work. If it wasn't for you and the wonderful community you have created I wouldnt have been able to learn so much. Its been only 4 months that I've been producing, but I've been already able to finish over 8 projects, and each project I am improving so much thanks to this forum. Definitely my favorite forum as well, and you and it's members just keep it so alive. It's awesome! Thank You so much! (:

"corner of a library with folks sitting quietly having a cup of tea discussing how to solve a problem"

nice description

For real, David! I cannot put in words how grateful I am for your helpful work. If it wasn't for you and the wonderful community you have created I wouldnt have been able to learn so much. Its been only 4 months that I've been producing, but I've been already able to finish over 8 projects, and each project I am improving so much thanks to this forum. Definitely my favorite forum as well, and you and it's members just keep it so alive. It's awesome! Thank You so much! (:

"corner of a library with folks sitting quietly having a cup of tea discussing how to solve a problem"

nice description

Congrats on your achievement in such short period of time :) and glad that the LPH family helped you somehow ;)

And yes, that description is super accurate! Can you imagine one day if all of us could meet in a huge gathering, all having tea and just finally meeting each other? That would be so cool ;)

Congrats on your achievement in such short period of time :)

Thank You (:

Can you imagine one day if all of us could meet in a huge gathering, all having tea and just finally meeting each other? That would be so cool ;)

I actually had a dream about that! And since dreams do not follow any boundaries, my mind took the whole gathering to a huge house with a pool, with an endless variety of instruments plugged into interfaces, a grandpiano and a huge buffet with tacos... :D

Can you imagine one day if all of us could meet in a huge gathering, all having tea and just finally meeting each other? That would be so cool ;)

so, you're saying, (and, btw, coffee for me, no tea) armed with our laptops or phones, we all get together in an actual physical space, and type a forum thread...live? won't that break internet rules?

Congrats on your achievement in such short period of time :)

Thank You (:

I actually had a dream about that! And since dreams do not follow any boundaries, my mind took the whole gathering to a huge house with a pool, with an endless variety of instruments plugged into interfaces, a grandpiano and a huge buffet with tacos... :D

+1 for the pool

so, you're saying, (and, btw, coffee for me, no tea) armed with our laptops or phones, we all get together in an actual physical space, and type a forum thread...live? won't that break internet rules?

No technology allowed. Just old school human interaction. Remember those days? Lol

No technology allowed. Just old school human interaction. Remember those days? Lol

"old school human interaction"... i have no idea what that means, but will google it, or discuss it on a forum somewhere, or text a friend for help, or....

100% agreement here, by far the most useful Logic forum even with scary shoes (?!). No wonder Apple lists this forum as an “asset” for Logic help and information. I’ve been recommending it in every online course I’ve taken. Many times the best information rapidly available is here. BTW, I will NOT be upgrading to 10.5.anything until David’s book is available for purchase.